Sign in to follow this  
dzaat

B777 block point version?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows what the block point version is of the latest PMDG B777 -200 / -300 products.

A friend of mine, who flies 777's for a major European airline, recently told me that their B777 fleet had been updated to BP17 and it now includes a few more handy tools and new EICAS alerts, for example if you've forgotten (or not completed) the before take-off or approach check lists. It also produces an EICAS allert [ ] NON-NORMAL CHECKLIST if the NCL hasn't been completed. Handy stuff!

Anyway, I was just wondering.

Regards,

Dan Zaat

It also produces an EICAS allert [ ] NON-NORMAL CHECKLIST if the NCL hasn't been completed.

While I'm not sure which one we used, I do know that it simulates this feature. As an example, if you have not properly filled out the RTE page (such that the system doesn't know your destination altitude), it will display LANDING ALT, and a click on the CHK button to display the ECL will automatically bring up the LANDING ALT non-normal checklist.

Kyle Rodgers

I was wondering if anyone knows what the block point version is of the latest PMDG B777 -200 / -300 products

V16 

Source: PMDG support 

You may have noticed you can select the option to remove the -300ER tailskid as the latest -300ERs are delivered without it to save weight. V17 also  incorporated a improved FBW tail strike protection logic.

PMDG did a awesome job including the tail skid removal option with the -300ER SP1c release , however the behind the scenes code changes required to implement the relatively minor V17 changes were deemed too significant at the time. As you mentioned the AIMS BP V17 additions that are visible to the crew are mainly minor logic changes such as with certain NNCs and additional EICAS advisory messages.

One being triggered by excessive fuel flow to alert of a possible fuel leak condition.

They are continuously working on improving the existing product range and if feasible they will certainly consider implementing it.

Leo Cal

Dear Kyle and Leo,

Many thanks for your feedback. It is excellent to know that our PMDG products are so up-to-date. The more I fly the B777 and learn about it (through the supplied documentation), the more I gain an appreciation for the incredible amount of work that the PMDG development team is putting into it. My (pilot) friend recently flew the PMDG B777-300 and can attest that the flight model and simulated electronics is incredibly close to what he flies on a (near) daily basis.

Thanks again!

Dan Zaat