Sign in to follow this  
gwillmot

Whoa ... What happened to airplane exterior lights?

Interesting "problem" gentlemen ..... All of a sudden, the exterior "Blinky" lights (anti-collision, strobes, etc.) on ALL of my aircraft are flashing at an extremely rapid rate.  It looks like I'm flying at 16X or 32X speed .... although I have checked and double-checked that possibility.  I have absolutely no idea where the "blinky" rate is controlled.

I'm "inside the cockpit" 99% of the time, so it's definitely not a deal breaker.  I'm more curious as to what might have happened and what parameters control this.  FYI:  All other flashing lights in the sim (airport/beacons, etc.) act perfectly normal.  Just the blinkies on ALL of my aircraft.

Strange .... but true.

Thanks.

All other flashing lights in the sim (airport/beacons, etc.) act perfectly normal. Just the blinkies on ALL of my aircraft.

The only thing that I can think off that could cause this would be a program or a third party aircraft install that over wrote or modified your Effects folder / fx files.

Regards,

The only thing that I can think off that could cause this would be a program or a third party aircraft install that over wrote or modified your Effects folder / fx files.

Regards,

Thanks for the kickback.  That's an idea for sure.  I'll do a search to see if I can find a lighting effect that I can swap out to see if that helps.

mebull is the man!

I tried another strobe effect from Jimmy Martin and that did the trick.  It reduced the light sizes, but since I'm normally looking out the cockpit windscreen ...... I'll let the other aircraft worry about that.

Thanks again!