Sign in to follow this  
jaybird1nyc

Just A Heads Up: New Version Released, v6.52

Hi All,

Just as a heads up...

27 May 2015 6.52 Released

Features include:

Improved installer for all supported simulator versions (All versions of P3D, FSX and FSX Steam)

More realistic airspeeds set for airborne AI aircraft

Fix for issue that prevented VoxATC working with MyTraffic 6

Fix for report prompts disappearing when flying full approach procedures

Best Regards,

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Well so far, playing nicely with MyTraffic 6 and the latest P3D for a quick EGPH-EGPB jaunt.  No crashes or fatal errors to be seen... (well if you leave aside my gear-up arrival, not something I can blame Tegwyn for!)

Yes, I agree.  Seems more stable and less fatal errors (well, none actually!)  I haven't come across any issues at all.  Really pleased with this version so far.

I'm just grateful for a developer that listens to their customers and responds with improved software.  I was the one who reported the loss of prompt text after requesting an approach.  Tegwyn just found and fixed it.   No, he doesn't visit here, afaik, but he is readily accessible via email and he has continuously supported and improved this fantastic piece of software for as long as I've owned it, going on 12 years now.

Best Regards,

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed 6.52 and I hope it's more stable with P3d. The problem is I can't find the VoxATC window! If I go to my VIEWS menu it says it's there, but I can't see it on the screen.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

Have to be in 2D panel. 

Secondly, I have the newest edition, along with both versions of FSX installed. When I am asked which version to instal to, I chose boxed version. All went as it should.  I then go into the menu,find the voxatc folder and go down to sim version, and choose fsx steam. Vox then goes through its paces once again. Panels are removed from boxed version, then load program into steam. The problem starts when I go to start fsx in steam. Splash screen comes up then just sits there. Never does load up. Did a reboot of pc, then uninstalled voxatc.  Fired up fsx steam, no problem.  Re installed voxatc into boxed version, and no problems.  Anyone else experience this? 

Steve Sumner

Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed 6.52 and I hope it's more stable with P3d. The problem is I can't find the VoxATC window! If I go to my VIEWS menu it says it's there, but I can't see it on the screen.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

select Views - Instrument Panel - VoxATC.

Installed it yesterday, over the 6.50 version... a no-no according to Tegwyn. FATAL ERROR in the sim's VOXATC window

Uninstalled with Revo, deleted the leftover Internal Workings folders (the main install folder and App Data folder). Deleted tha extra Vox Pop.

Reinstalled.

Now, I cannot get passed the P3D/Weather/Themes folder in the indexer...

But I was impatient and closed the window quickly. Also I noticed that the Sim selector window opens and closes immediately and tha the indexer doesn't pop-up automatically during the install.

Will fiddle with the install when able. 6.50 worked correctly with MT6 in P3D 2.5

Just too bad that Tegwyn doesn't hang around here. Sent him an email yesterday - got a partial answer this morning saying that you always have to unistall the earlier version. He did not adress my other issues.

It's a great software when it works, but I just wish there would be implication from his part and it's starting to imply too much time fiddling with it on my part.

I can tell you that the indexer takes a long time to finish.  On my system it takes about 5 minutes, and that's on an overclocked 4770K with 2 ssds's.

Not sure about the other issues you mentioned, I'm still on FSX.

Yes, it is great software,  It can be a bit quirky at times but it does work fine for many of us here.  Not sure what you mean by, "I just wish there would be implication from his part"?

Jay

I can tell you that the indexer takes a long time to finish.  On my system it takes about 5 minutes, and that's on an overclocked 4770K with 2 ssds's.

Not sure about the other issues you mentioned, I'm still on FSX.

Yes, it is great software,  It can be a bit quirky at times but it does work fine for many of us here.  Not sure what you mean by, "I just wish there would be implication from his part"?

Jay

I meant that it would save Tegwyn numerous emails if he would take part in this forum and take note of the issues we have. For example, there was no mention on his webpage or any readme accompanying the download, that 6.51 would not work with P3D when it is the only sim installed. So when he annouced 6.51, I installed it. Got problems and then found out in his subsequent email that 6.51 was not made to work for P3D installed alone. Come On Man - provide instructions in the first place, save yourself some emails and better still save your customer headaches and wasted time!

For my 6.52 installation, I told him In my first email that the installer would not show the indexer popup nor the sim select popup. He replied with a generic email to run the VOXATC tool and send him the error. There's no FATAL ERROR in the VOXATC window. The installer just doesn't complete properly. I installed 6.52 yesterday again and found out it works, but the runway updater, simselector.exe and indexer don't run and give me the "This program has stopped working" generic windows message. He sent me another tool veryfying my sim install - I have only P3DV2 installed - no tools required. This is where we stand.

What bugs me in all this is the everlasting back and forth emails when problems arise. He's somewhere in the UK and I am in Western Canada. An exchange of info can take many days. I know it's a one man show, but he could either 1. provide detail installation instructions and/or 2. participate in these forums and get some customer feedback.

I meant that it would save Tegwyn numerous emails if he would take part in this forum and take note of the issues we have.

True.  You'd also know if someone else had already contacted him about a problem and, perhaps, get ideas, workarounds from an active forum.  We do share info but it would be nice if we knew about some of this stuff.  He might change some things if he saw the same thing popping up...like being stuck holding short of a runway getting "Unable at this time" over and over again. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks Gregg.

There's days where I feel: Let's help the developper - we are a community after all. He does his best, so should I

Other days: I spent $80 on this, but worse I spend hours figuring out what is wrong. Tired of fiddling around... I am no Beta tester unless I choose to!

BTW - With limited free time, it would be nice to fly instead of playing with installations...

Thanks Gregg.

There's days where I feel: Let's help the developper - we are a community after all. He does his best, so should I

Other days: I spent $80 on this, but worse I spend hours figuring out what is wrong. Tired of fiddling around... I am no Beta tester unless I choose to!

BTW - With limited free time, it would be nice to fly instead of playing with installations...

Fully, fully, fully agree.  It would be so much easier doing it in a central, searchable place!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Installed it yesterday, over the 6.50 version... a no-no according to Tegwyn. FATAL ERROR in the sim's VOXATC window

Uninstalled with Revo, deleted the leftover Internal Workings folders (the main install folder and App Data folder). Deleted tha extra Vox Pop.

Reinstalled.

Now, I cannot get passed the P3D/Weather/Themes folder in the indexer...

But I was impatient and closed the window quickly. Also I noticed that the Sim selector window opens and closes immediately and tha the indexer doesn't pop-up automatically during the install.

Will fiddle with the install when able. 6.50 worked correctly with MT6 in P3D 2.5

Just too bad that Tegwyn doesn't hang around here. Sent him an email yesterday - got a partial answer this morning saying that you always have to unistall the earlier version. He did not adress my other issues.

It's a great software when it works, but I just wish there would be implication from his part and it's starting to imply too much time fiddling with it on my part.

I made the same mistake on the install.  But rather than try to fix the install,  I did a system recovery to a start point after MT6 installation but before the 6.52 installation.  Walked away while the recovery did its thing, Then uninstalled earlier VOX version, installed 6.52 and walked away when the indexer started.  Came back and the indexer had stopped in the middle of the process to ask me to do the panel installs.  Did that, indexer went back to work and I walked away.  Came back and everything worked.  Great to have MT6 and VOX back together in P3D.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I made the same mistake on the install.  But rather than try to fix the install,  I did a system recovery to a start point after MT6 installation but before the 6.52 installation.  Walked away while the recovery did its thing, Then uninstalled earlier VOX version, installed 6.52 and walked away when the indexer started.  Came back and the indexer had stopped in the middle of the process to ask me to do the panel installs.  Did that, indexer went back to work and I walked away.  Came back and everything worked.  Great to have MT6 and VOX back together in P3D.

What is the sum of all you walk aways?