Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Looking for FPS Friendly 300 KTAS acft

With my dying OC im looking for a Fps friendly aircraft add-on. I have a lot but I like to go fast 300 KTAS at altitude is great! Any suggestions?

I suppose I could list the ones I have but mainly I'm thinking not a full glass cockpit as lately those destroy my performace. Btw I'm at 4 ghz on my 2500K

Thanks for any suggestions I may have missed over the years.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Flight1 Kingair is my guess. I wish Eaglesoft had a more recent release. Their next one wont be for many months unfortunately. And Carenado well they are still Captain Sim for GA aircraft.

This is a totally biased suggestion, but the Flysimware MU-2 is certainly worth a look. Geared turbine accurately modeled, fantastic sounds, and an active developer have all grabbed my attention. Now between flying all the scenarios I can, while enjoying the speed. Typically 210KIAS at FL260. In all my flying today, this equated to roughly 300-315 ground speed. It really is a rice rocket and I haven't found a field I couldn't land at yet.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

F1 king air - basically I flew this tonight and I just can't take the stutters anymore...  I get like 30-40% fps variance with that.  Beautifully done aircraft, just not on my system hehe.

The MU2- good point.  Although I told myself "NO" because of the graphics... I may have to rethink and tradeoff visuals for fps.  I have the Tom Kyler version in XP10 - really nice... visuals are "meh."

Is the MU2 for FSX/P3D fps friendly though?  Are you able to tell me how many fps you get in the default cessna and how many fps you get when you switch to the MU2 in VC?  Thanks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i do not notice any frame rate dip between the aircraft. I am sure there is one, but its minor. I typically fly out of ORBX regions/airports and do not have any real problems. Actually, the worst I get is at my home airport of KTPA by FlyTampa. And as far as the textures go, yeah, they could be better in the VC, but the exterior textures are nicely done.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Ryan,

Have you tried any military aircraft?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I suppose I could list the ones I have but mainly I'm thinking not a full glass cockpit as lately those destroy my performace. Btw I'm at 4 ghz on my 2500K

Sounds to me like you have a setting issue, not an airplane issue

Jay

Yeah it's called an i5 2500K @4GHz

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Realair planes perhaps? The duke?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I've got those :)

Maybe I'll try the Q400 finally

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I've found the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet to be quite frame rate-friendly on my low spec system.

Oh yes, the Q400 is amazing!

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Heck, I thought you had it.  It's amazingly complete...on par with the PMDG aircraft.  A good commuter for PilotEdge.  I truly think you're going to enjoy it.  Read up on how it lands. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hey Ryan......I can highly recommend the Q400, especially since it's more in-depth and not a typical startup and takeoff plane.

Cheers,

Jerome

PS As I was typing that I could hear the engines of an approaching Ju 52 and I just saw her pass over EDDL, such a beautiful old aircraft.

Heya Ryan, 

Bummer that you are only running 4.0 GHz...   :lol:

Don't know if it will change, but the MilViz B350i, currently in alpha state, is very frame friendly. And I know that you know you can push her high and fast.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick