Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Alabeo Cessna 404 released.

Just what the title says it's $34.95 and includes Flight1 GTN 750 integration. I will be uploading a quick review video soon.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Ha! Just posted a topic to see if anybody had got it yet - seems like it might be back in a realm of planes they tend to make reasonably well, so kind of curious - looking forward to your take on it...

Chris B. 

They actually put a DME in the GNS430.  That's pretty cool.  I'm intrigued.  I wonder how many of those switches don't work.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Good looking aircraft, I'm encouraged they included Flight1 GTN 750 integration, hopefully that means Carenado will do the same with their upcoming Aero Commander 500   :rolleyes:

Yes, but to be honest I am not sure of the " make" - in appearance and function it is nearly identical to the unit in the Carenado 337, which is somewhat simplistic, but matches the era well, though I am a having small problem with setting the pitch for altitude changes with the AP at the moment - not a huge issue and hopefully remedied in a patch...

My first impressions are quite favorable. And yes, most of the switches "click", if not work. Didn't do a operational inventory, however. I have neither the RealityXP nor Flight1 units so am unable to comment on that feature.

The pitch control on the AP is kind of different: it registers in degree up or down, and I found using the mouse wheel to control it the easiest. 1 degree seems to roughly correlate with 500 fpm, but it ain't no Bendix King unit!

Sound pack is nice: while I have absolutely no idea of what a Titan sounds like IRL the sound pack is nice and strong.

Flies nicely, what you would expect a big GA airplane to feel like. Not quite a RealAir, but then again, nothing else is.

My only real gripe is the cockpit VC "wear and tear": the door frames look like the inside of a shark cage! I am going to look for a poll about how many simmers like new versus worn cockpits, and if I don't find one, will start one! Myself, I prefer factory-fresh.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

My only real gripe is the cockpit VC "wear and tear": the door frames look like the inside of a shark cage! I am going to look for a poll about how many simmers like new versus worn cockpits, and if I don't find one, will start one! Myself, I prefer factory-fresh.

The 404 is/was a workhorse of a plane and wouldn't have looked factory fresh for long in almost any fleet.  I prefer planes that look as they'd typically look, so I'm fine with what I see.

Yep, this is the kind of plane that Carenado/Alabeo do well, and this one certainly does look good.  Will be interested to hear the consensus.

BTW, I'm confused.  They talk about RXP integration, but I can't tell which for sure.  The features list references the 530, but the "sold separately" note below references the 430.  Anyone know which it is?  From the screenshots, I'm guessing 430.

Scott

Looks nice but, precious little information available for how to fly it.  Didn't find any checklist or POH on the net.  I definitely like the way they chose to equip it, though.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Repeat of my post from the 404 thread I started:

"After more than a few initial flights, I am still quite happy with the aircraft - I have however, submitted another bug for the GTN750 integration, as for me, I cannot seem to pan the map with the mouse while the 750 is displayed in the VC, I have to pop it out, and if I turn off instrument reflections, the whole 750 display disappears - so not quite as flawless integration as I have seen in A2A and RealAir offerings.

I am only an old glider and ultra-light pilot with some SEL hours in real life, so I have no real basis for evaluating the FDE, other than overall it hand flies nicely and seems to handle how an aircraft of this size and weight would generally fly, that said, I notice that 404 appears to like to float a bit on landing and has really ineffectual brakes, but both of these behaviors might be actually accurate to the real thing..."

Didn't find any checklist or POH

As per usual with "Alaenado", there are a couple of reference docs in the folder for the plane in FSX, but just some very basic numbers and procedures that appear to have been taken from "photo-copies"...

Hi

Could someone please tell me if the weather radar works with the FSX weather or does it need something like ASN. Also, does it show clouds or just rain?

Thanks in advance,

John

Hi

Could someone please tell me if the weather radar works with the FSX weather or does it need something like ASN. Also,y does it show clouds or just rain?

Thanks in advance,

John

The radar only detects clouds but I suspect you could shoehorn the ASN weather gauge into the stock radar gauge slot on this plane. I don't use ASN ask it brings my system to it knees. I found a great freeware weather generator called fsxwx and I'd say it's almost as good as ASN visually with no performance hit.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The features list references the 530, but the "sold separately" note below references the 430.  Anyone know which it is?  From the screenshots, I'm guessing 430.
It's supposed to be the G430 but there continues to be confusion. The RXP430.exe file should leave little doubt; however, after double-clicking the .exe, the wrapper indicates the G 530. The 2d G430 pop-up installs ok, but the RXP G430 VC does not install. Looking at Youtube and controller.com, It appears the G530 or G430 are far more common of a Nav configuration than a GTN 750 would be for this era aircraft. in any case, I'm afraid the latter will get all the attention and the RXP might be overlooked. 

My quick review

Good review video, but may I suggest a different mic that cancels out the heavy breathing? Blowing in my ear every 5 seconds by a guy wasn't all that sexy. =P