Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Alabeo C404 Titan: Anybody take a chance on it yet?

For some reason I find myself strangely drawn to it  - maybe it is in part that it has GTN750 compatibility built in with steam gauges and is a larger piston twin which I don't really have anything to match - but not quite able to pull the trigger, so I thought I would see if anybody else had...

Cheers,

Chris B.

"Flapsdown"

Purchased this an hour ago.  Flying KSFF to KSEA with ORBX everything and T2G KSEA.

A return to form for these guys? Not sure as this is my first Alabeo aircraft however Carenados latest and greatest have been disappointing.  I've been waiting a while for the 404 and I'm not disappointed.  Great detail, sound, FPS, FDE (from what I can tell) and the integration of the 750 is brilliant.  At 10,000 Feet on my way to Seattle and enjoying every minute of it.  With everything in the green and a slight headwind I'm showing 164Kts IAS, ground speed 190Kts with the trip to take just over an hour.   The sounds are brilliantly done, external and interior work is superb.

I've never flown one in real life so I'm loath to comment on the FDE however it feels nice and they've incorporated some torque vibration at startup and shutdown similar to A2A aircraft.  Nice touch.

With Ezdok and TrackIR this is a must have.

Enjoy.

Hmm, very encouraging - still debating though, many thx for your input...

Chris B.

No worries. 

Happy flying.

Hirdy

Don't know about weather radar.  Can only see executables for GNS430, GTN750 and RXP430.

Thanks for the writeup...  I was disappointed with their Saratoga... mainly in the sounds department.  FDE was a bit weird too with xwind landings.  Do you happen to have their Saratoga TC and could compare the sound quality between this 404 and the P32R?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well, went against my better judgment and jumped on it - so far, superficially pleased, sounds seem quite good, FPS just fine, visuals as per usual with "Alaneado", lighting is nice - GTN integration easy as pie, but missing a click spot to pop it out it seems - now to give a whirl in the air... 

Yeah - Shift 8 will pop it our for you but you're correct, the click spot is missing.  No biggie though.

Ryan - sorry bud, I don't own the Saratoga but I can say that the sounds are as good, if not better that the Turbine Duke V2, only my opinion though.  The sounds with the 404 are very good.

I think you will be happy with it.

I am also having an issue with the GTN "Direct To" on the bezel, seems to be no-op when in the dash (or intermittent at least) - had to pop it out to use it last time...

Edit: and perhaps an issue trying to change altitude on the AP, doesn't seem to want to let me change the pitch for a climb or descent, but perhaps I am just being dense...

Hmm, interesting - have to try some more...

Edit: Direct to is bugged for me for some reason, all the other buttons/knobs are fine...

I will have to check that its not intermittent and report back.

i used it 3 times on my way into KSEA and was fine. Good pick up though, i could have just been lucky.

I am tossing up between this bird and the Flysimware MU2. The textures in the Titan appear to be a lot better.

If anyone owns both, I would really appreciate a quick comparison.

Thanks

John

Just completed my first flight from FSDG's Nuuk (Greenland, fantastic airport  BTW), to BGMQ - pleased to say I am really enjoying this aircraft, so far, it's a tentative winner for me - very nice hand flyer, I wonder if Bernt Stolle did the FDE...