Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

FS2Crew and Pro ATC

Thinking about getting FS2Crew but I have Pro ATC with AI chatter, and wonder if FS2 interferes with Pro ATC at all?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

It would be the same as if you where on Vatsim with chatter in the background. You just may find that FS2Crew is going off while ATC chatter is. Can't say this has ever been a problem on Vatsim.

Well I purchased it today and installed it, and so far, it seems more complicated to manage than it was to learn the Q400. I think I will save it for a rainy day....;) 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

There's a crib/cheat sheet at http://forum.avsim.net/topic/441184-dash-8-custom-checklist/?p=2985020. It contains a few errors, but it goes through Captain/PFs flows, checklists and commands within 4 pages.

Edit: Sorry, looks like that link is now dead.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I use FS2Crew with ProATC on almost all of my flights. No problems at all.

I let the ProATC only tune the radios and acknowledge ATC instructions. For all other co-pilot functions, I use FS2Crew.

Cheers,

Jarkko (ProATC beta team member)

Spent some hours today with the tutorial on one screen and flying the Q400 with FS2Crew. I found it helpful to not start with the 24 hour checklist, but with the engine startup section, and I am starting to like it. Looks like it just takes some practice learning the proper response and terminology. 

I use FS2Crew with ProATC on almost all of my flights. No problems at all.

I let the ProATC only tune the radios and acknowledge ATC instructions. For all other co-pilot functions, I use FS2Crew.

Cheers,

Jarkko (ProATC beta team member)

Tried it yesterday, works fine. 

There's a crib/cheat sheet at http://forum.avsim.net/topic/441184-dash-8-custom-checklist/?p=2985020. It contains a few errors, but it goes through Captain/PFs flows, checklists and commands within 4 pages.

Edit: Sorry, looks like that link is now dead.

If someone is a member of Intercity VA, they have a link to this crib/sheet on the Q400 forum on their website. It is 4 pages, and all the pilot responses are printed in red which makes it really easy to follow. Incidentally if you like flying the Q400, this VA has hundreds of daily flights in the 400 all over Europe. http://www.viaintercity.com/index.php

FS 2 Crew Co pilot decided to play deaf ( again)  during the approach to Innsbruck Austria tonight after a 2 hour flight from the UK,  and refused to acknowledge any voice commands that I gave it. Now I fly all the time in the real world and never have any problems with ATC understanding what I am saying.  I have to be honest, the only thing that FS crew seems to be doing for me whenever I try to fly with it, and I have spent hours trying to learn what I have to do to get along with this very temperamental co-pilot,  is increasing my stress level and blood pressure by a factor of 10. I am about ready to throw in the towel and just go back to flying the Q400  by myself which I had zero problems doing.   

I fired the co pilot today. Back to flying by myself...Couldn't take it anymore. 

Tried one more flight today.  The Co Pilot is now officially unemployed until he has his hearing checked and fixed.  :lol:

At what point does this happen? I had huge problem with approaches so went back to reading the manual line by line and realised (and it was even stated this was where a lot of people have problems) I wasn't saying "set" after he reads the altimeter. It drove me mad. But, in fairness, my own fault. That's on the NGX however.

Do you still see your text at the top of the screen? The green voice to text translation? I also noticed, when my headset disconnected accidentally, that even when I connected it and heard sounds on my headset, I couldn't hear his voice. However, I ran through everything and it worked. I just spoke when I expected he had something.

I don't mean any offence when I say this, I hope you know that, but often these things are user error in some way

At what point does this happen? I had huge problem with approaches so went back to reading the manual line by line and realised (and it was even stated this was where a lot of people have problems) I wasn't saying "set" after he reads the altimeter. It drove me mad. But, in fairness, my own fault. That's on the NGX however.

Do you still see your text at the top of the screen? The green voice to text translation? I also noticed, when my headset disconnected accidentally, that even when I connected it and heard sounds on my headset, I couldn't hear his voice. However, I ran through everything and it worked. I just spoke when I expected he had something.

I don't mean any offence when I say this, I hope you know that, but often these things are user error in some way

I have double and triple checked everything. Sometimes the co pilot refuses to even understand an  altimeter setting properly requiring numerous repeats.  I told him to select NAV , Set and he didn't, just mistake after mistake, so I have to double check everything he is supposed to do, might as well do it myself. If his was a button menu selection there would be no problem, but I am not going to use this on any long VA flights, had too many screwups  so far. A button program would make this program very easy to use . 

So far today this co-pilot has screwed up 2 flights on me. His latest trick was echoing a call for flaps 5, and just not setting them, no matter how I said it or how many times, but he would always repeat it back like he was setting them. . I am about ready to just delete this program off my hard drive so I won't be tempted to even try it again. LOL

I think I finally got the co-pilot issue sorted out. I looked at the  Flight recorder log in the FS 2 Crew control panel and could see the mistakes that were made, for instance when I said "On" in the check list, it thought I said "arm". It also missed climb and "cruise" was interpreted as "cause" . I went into the dictionary in Windows speech recognition program and fixed these errors which was pretty simple and now it seems everything is working correctly.