Sign in to follow this  
mog

ATIS for EGKK

Hi All,

I know this was discussed in a previous thread but I have been unable to find if anyone managed to find a fix for this problem, namely, no ATIS in ATC for EGKK in FS2004, it doesn't appear in the ATC popup although it does if you go to alt- world -map and click on EGKK in fact it's top of the list! as 136.525 on vhf.

Has anybody found a fix for this? or will it remain one of the worlds great mysteries?

mog

If I recall the range for comms frequencies are 118 to 135.0

So for LGW ATIS you will have to make up one (that is not the same as nearby airports). I use 126.00 

EGKK frequencies from ourairports.com:

APP: 126.825 MHz
ATIS: 136.525 MHz
CLD: 121.95 MHz (CLNC DEL)
GND: 121.8 MHz
TWR: 124.225 MHz

EGKK frequencies from ourairports.com:

APP: 126.825 MHz

ATIS: 136.525 MHz

CLD: 121.95 MHz (CLNC DEL)

GND: 121.8 MHz

TWR: 124.225 MHz

Yes but the limitations of FS9 are 118 to 135. So if you want to hear ATIS at LGW choose a frequency within that range. 

Good call, UK2000's EGKK has ATIS on 126.000!

FYI:

Using ADE (preferably) or AFCAD you can set com frequencies for an existing add-on or default. For a default the existing default will be duplicated and after editing and saving it can be used as an add-on. For an existing add-on I would definitely use freeware ADE to edit the appropriate file.

If the com list has more than one frequency for ATIS use a frequency within range and delete frequencies out of range.

Ok guys, firstly thanks for the responses, I shall have to get ADE, does it take up much space? I'm using an elderly (like me!) laptop and space is an issue.

mog

Mine is 214 MB.  If you are short of space, download AFCAD 2.21 instead.  It's only 3.2 MB.

If you are editing a default airport, AFCAD can be used. However AFCAD might corrupt an add-on scenery that adds some elements with a designer not limited to what AFCAD's limits are.

AFCAD was designed prior to a release of FS9 scenery documentation. Some designers add element types described in the full SDK (Software Development Kit) finally released by Microsoft. AFCAD might delete some objects not in the default FS object library whereas ADE will include them unless contrary to the SDK rules and then will issue a caution (unexpected results but not necessarily a crash scenario) or a warning with a fail to compile the bgl file.

The prefix such as AF2_ is a default placed by AFCAD but the prefix can be anything. Others are ADE and AFX. These labels do not identify a scenery as an airport facilities (af) type with runways, taxiways, coms, and other basic stuff but a coded tag is included in the .bgl file compilation indicating thaty af type properties are contained in the file. Such properties are used by ATC communications, the ai engine for locating aircraft relative to scenery AF type items, and so forth. Non af type items can be added by a designer to the af type bgl file instead of separate .bgl files for them. And therein lies the caution of using AFCAD.

OK gang I decided to do the safe thing, given size does matter! I haven't installed either AFCAD or ADE, both of which I've got, instead I listen on the vhf to see which is the active and the weather etc. cowardly I know but I don't want the laptop to slow down any more than it does now, after a long flight the poor cow starts stuttering and textures take an age to load. In fairness I need a new computer but can't justify the expense to 'Er indoors.

I have noted all your suggestions and will implement them when I get the capital cost past the boss!

many thanks for all your help.

mog

Neither AFCAD or ADE runs when FS is running (unless you elect to do this to allow a cursor lock to your aircraft's position). Performance should not be an issue.

Hard disks are very inexpensive these days..

Or you could download the zip file at 12.5MB, install and use it to change the ATIS frequency, replace the AF2 file, after backing it up, with the ADE .bgl file, and uninstall or delete ADE v165 but retain the downloaded file for possible future use.

My ADE v165 folder is 402MB.

Colin B