Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

KPSP, cargo at the gate?

Anyone know how to fix this? Can't find the .bgl to edit the parking space assignment.

2015-5-26_22-52-12-687.png

Let me guess, MyTraffic? UPS and FDX don't even serve KPSP.

The file to edit however is called Westsim_APX_KPSP.BGL

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Let me guess, MyTraffic? UPS and FDX don't even serve KPSP.

The file to edit however is called Westsim_APX_KPSP.BGL

Thanks, UPS used to land there. 

Edit: I managed to open up the .bgl and found no reason for UPS. DHL or FedEx to park at the gates. I do have MyTraffic 6, is that the culprit?

Thanks, UPS used to land there. 

Edit: I managed to open up the .bgl and found no reason for UPS. DHL or FedEx to park at the gates. I do have MyTraffic 6, is that the culprit?

Glad you asked this, because I have the same airport, same issue but thought nothing could be done about it.. Have MT6 too, so look forward to your solution.

You should remove the MyTraffic6 airport file for KPSP (BR2_KPSP.BGL and probably KPSP TOWER STROBE EFFECT.BGL as well) or any other addon scenery to avoid duplicates.

The reason you have the freighters parking at the gates is because PSP doesn't have any other parking spots large enough for those aircraft. You can edit the parking to add more spots of the right size etc to suit your tastes and setup.

I've edited mine to have an adequate amount of bizjet parking as well as to remove and also move the some of the statics to where I wanted.

I have no idea how to edit Afcad files to create more parking places for cargo planes. Nevertheless, thanks for the h/u in removing those MT6 entries.

You should remove the MyTraffic6 airport file for KPSP (BR2_KPSP.BGL and probably KPSP TOWER STROBE EFFECT.BGL as well) or any other addon scenery to avoid duplicates.

The reason you have the freighters parking at the gates is because PSP doesn't have any other parking spots large enough for those aircraft. You can edit the parking to add more spots of the right size etc to suit your tastes and setup.

I've edited mine to have an adequate amount of bizjet parking as well as to remove and also move the some of the statics to where I wanted.

Ok, I'll give that a go. Is it wise to turn off any .bgl from MyTraffic6 that I already have a third party addon for?

Is it wise to turn off any .bgl from MyTraffic6 that I already have a third party addon for?

Without a doubt! MyTraffic airport files are pretty basic edits to stock airports.  If you have addon airports, they will have their own airport files leaving the myTraffic versions redundant which can cause problems.

Without a doubt! MyTraffic airport files are pretty basic edits to stock airports.  If you have addon airports, they will have their own airport files leaving the myTraffic versions redundant which can cause problems.

Thanks, already started the long cleanup process.