Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

No overcast since I've installed DX10 fixer!

Hi to all,

I use ASNext weather engine and I remember that it worked perfectly when I installed it about a year ago. Recently I've installed a lot of Orbx Scenery and installed REX4 with Soft Clouds and the DX10fixer andwhich initially did not work because my shaders folder was not original anymore. So, I replaced the shaders folder by the original FSX folder a collegue of mine sent me and the DXfixer worked without any problems. No more greyed out options. However, as a negative side-effect my clouds look ugly and when ASNext reports overcast skies I can't get more than a light broken coverage (eg 5/8 or so).t.  On the other hand when ASNext reports BKN I get at most a SCT sky with at maximally 2 cloud layers. This is very disappointing and unrealistic. The same happens if I use FSX defaklt weather which indicates that it is not an ASNext problem but more likely something wrong on the texture/shaders level. I double checked that the REX textures are in fact installed into FSX without problems which makesme believe that the DX10fixer could be the culprit, so could it be that my DX10Fixer settings are wrong or should I reinstall my old shaders (which would cause the DX10fixer not to work anymore)? I'm running out of ideas and any help is appreciated.

Best regards

bmaik

The shaders should simply draw the shapes and textures that they are asked to draw, so I would doubt that there is any shader issue. Looking at your post there would seem to have several sets of changes that have been made.

I would guess that your fsx cloud density slider is probably set to medium?? Did you create a new fsx.cfg at some stage Just go into fsx settings and change the slider and you should get your overcast back. Don't forget to set texture max load back which will reset to 1024.

Thank you Steve,

unfortunately, my cloud-density slider is set to max and texture_max_load is at 4096! The cloud_coverage_density in FSx.cfg is set to 12. Should i try even higher values? Which is the highest value it does accept? Because I want to use both my installed graphic cards for FSX I start FSX under a different name to allow crossfire (crysis.exe). Both my fsx.cfg and crysis.cfg files are identical and contain the aforementioned values. Could this be the problem? 

Whatever you call fsx i believe it will read fsx.cfg.

What happens if you run fsx as fsx on one card rather than two - same or different?

What happens if you uninstall the libraries in the controller and run in native dx10

What happens if you switch to dx9?

Have you previously tested dx10 preview using crossfire?

Also try turning on missing texture alert ( it's described in dx10sf manual) in fsx.cfg to see if a cloud texture is perhaps missing.

Is your cloud  setting in fsx  set  to detail  in your fsx settings

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg