Sign in to follow this  
757 Fanatic

I love P3D

Just got it up and running. Installed ORBX sceneries, 737 NGX, Rex soft clouds. I love the lighting effect and the ground shadows and how my cockpit gets darker and lighter depending on my direction and altitude. I love how smooth it runs - though I've locked FPS at 30. I love how the scenery doesn't come into focus as much as it does in FSX. Everything seems more stable and smooth. I have pretty much maxed out settings at 4k resolution. It is running like a dream on my SSD. I have waited so long for this day and it has come. (Not quite as smooth as X-plane) but not far off at all. I love it! Can't wait for 64 bit soon...

I'm torn between X-Plane and P3D. If only the two could merge together, then we'd have the ultimate flight sim! The problem with X-plane is that, while the terrain MESH is far more realistic than FSX/P3D, the aircraft models look like plastic toys ( I don't think X-Plane has external reflections) The lighting and shadows in P3D really are its strength and my high end system handles them wonderfully...    

When I'm playing P3D, I feel like I should be playing X-Plane and vice versa.

I can't settle myself to play just one. I'm always going back and forth between them, evaluating their strengths/weaknesses

I'm with you man - I use them both and bounce back and forth.

Frustrating to me that the lighting in P3D isn't as good as XPX (night/approach/etc)

I am trying to love it and when I see the likes of RobA's videos and how smooth he gets it to run and the lighting, it looks fantastic. But I find Orbx causes stutters and actually doesn't look as good as the latest mesh for X Plane. Just downloading UTX Eurpoe V2 after watching the latest Froogle video to see whether that improves things - currently use the payware VFR Photoscenery plus W2XP UK Pro for the UK in XP10,so want to see how it compares. Must admit I end up doing more hours in XP10 - particualry as I prefer to fly at dawn/dusk which XP10 excels at. Also XP works better on my three screens than P3D - I get the blurries and autogen popping with P3D.

But I do bounce back and forth so they must both be missing something as I am always searching for something that neither gives. But how lucky we are to have the choice.

PS I don't get the plastic thing that people speak of with XP10 - I think the models look great, and, in any case, I tend to fly from inside not outside. To my mind the panel graphics are sharper in XP10 than P3D equivalents (e.g. Carenado). But I do love the A2A and Real Air offerings. Going to give the Flight1 King Air B200 a try as well - see how it compares to the Carenado XP10 version whic is one of my favourites - love the way the props actually move into the feather position and it sounds great. 

actually doesn't look as good as the latest mesh for X Plane. Just downloading UTX Eurpoe V2

I've always thought that FTX scenery is quite dark and have mulled the UTX alternative with or without GTX.  Still not sold on Trees.  I hear that they look better very low and you get a tick up in framerates but you can't see a difference once you're up a bit.  Perhaps that's because FTX textures are so dark, though.  Looking at Frugal's video, it looks fairly apparent...from what I can see, at least.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

As the capt says, fly, dont play!

Always better, & more realistic to make things as immersive as we can by working in the office (flying from the cockpit) instead of playing outside.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

IMHO, MESH...is Mesh...just depends on the resolution...and I would bet dollars to donuts there is far more accurate mesh available for the FSX/P3-D family then XP ever conceived of.…

ImHO

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

IMHO, MESH...is Mesh...just depends on the resolution...and I would bet dollars to donuts there is far more accurate mesh available for the FSX/P3-D family then XP ever conceived of.…

ImHO

Chas

Hmmm - my eyes tell me that except for some minute areas of payware (e.g. Monument Valley) that the V3 freeware mesh for XP10 is more detailed than anything else out there covering large areas.....and then of course there is the SuperHD mesh also free ware covering quite large areas - unless I have funny eyes; but I just passed my pilots licence medical so I think they are okay.

Tried all PC sims, and nothing comes close to P3D in my opinion. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310