Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

World of AI and default traffic

Hi all,

I just wanted to run this past the forum and see if anyone can find a reason why I shouldn't do this.

Recently I installed World of AI and some airline packs too, I just wanted something a bit more realistic than the default ones. Anyway after installing and finding out that all my default airliner and GA traffic had vanished I did some searching and found that you have to convert the "Traffic.bgl" files to fsx, which I have now done using AIFP3, and lo and behold I now have both default AI aircraft and World of AI aircraft happily existing side by side, brilliant!.

One of the many idea's I picked up was to make a new folder and install all of the World of AI traffic files into that new folder ie "Addon scenery/ AI/scenery................this worked a treat and allows you to turn off the World of AI traffic easily by unchecking the "AI" folder in the scenery library if I don't want the World of AI stuff to show up. This got me thinking that if I made another new folder called "Addon Scenery/Default AI/Scenery" and put the default Aircraft traffic.bgl from "Scenery/World/Scenery" file into it I could then turn off the default traffic to by unchecking  it in the scenery library in the same way. Does anyone know of any other consequence that might happen in the sim as a result of moving the default traffic file in this way and being able to turn off the World of AI or the default traffic in this manner.

I would be interested to hear about anyone's thoughts on this.

Thankyou.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

The method you've described will work just fine and should have no ill effects on your sim at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, I had a feeling that was the case, but you know how finicky fsx can be and I wanted to check I wouldn't cause an issue somewhere else.

Thanks again for the reply.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I split the default traffic into regional airline and GA traffic files using AIFP.  That way I turn off the default airlines where I have good addon coverage.

scott s.

First thing I do when FSX or P3d is installed is delete the default traffic. It's useless to me and uses ui aircraft which aren't exactly FPS friendly. All comes down to personal preferences.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I split the default traffic into regional airline and GA traffic files using AIFP.  That way I turn off the default airlines where I have good addon coverage.

scott s.

Scott I have AIFP as I used it to convert the World of AI flight plans to fsx, I was looking at the default AI traffic files earlier to see how you turned off the default airlines but left the GA still in place. Was it as simple as deleting the AI airliner aircraft so that the flight plans couldn't find the info or did you have to delete all the flight plans too?

I quite like the idea of doing that myself. 

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Scott I have AIFP as I used it to convert the World of AI flight plans to fsx, I was looking at the default AI traffic files earlier to see how you turned off the default airlines but left the GA still in place. Was it as simple as deleting the AI airliner aircraft so that the flight plans couldn't find the info or did you have to delete all the flight plans too?

I quite like the idea of doing that myself.

To get rid of the default airliner traffic I think he did this (below)

I split the default traffic into regional airline and GA traffic files using AIFP. That way I turn off the default airlines where I have good addon coverage.

Meaning he used AIFPC to open the default traffic file and removed the airline flight plans and then recompiled it so that only G/A flight plans were being used. The defualt planes stay in place but aren't being called on by the default traffic file.

It's a good idea that I actually tried years ago when moving to FSX and was using WOAI at the time but didn't want to lose my GA traffic.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks cmpbellsjc,

I wasn't sure, but the idea of going through 32000 flight plans kind of made me pause before making a move!

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.