Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Dreamfoil-EMB110 is out at the org

Thanks for the heads up Peter. I love all of their helis (even the older ones), so will be picking this up for sure :-)

Can you guys give a review please? I'm interested .

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

+1 on a review.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Well, it looks nice and it flies nice with good sound effects, but the implementation doesn't seem to be pretty deep. It is bigger than many Carenados, but it doesn't have their looks and features. So it is OK for the price but nothing really special. I would say the TwinOtter is better.

There is an issue with the sound - a fix can be found here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=74038&p=924567

First impressons: It is quite lively - much more so than the Carenado 1900D - but it can be dialled out. So it takes a little more care and attention. The VC is not as sharp as Carenado offerings to my eye but maybe that is the way the real thing looks - more utilitarian. The engine sounds are sublime - or should be with fix - not had chance to check yet. No GPS. But I know it I am going to be spending some time in it to get to know it better.

The plane is not bad.

Here are a few points:

Pro:

-Flight dynamics. It flies really good! Handfly this plane is a joy!

-Rain effect looks good

-Sound is very good. I love the turbine sounds.

-Beautiful "old-style" cockpit.

Con:

-No ice effect. 

-No Scrollwheel support. This should be standard in new planes.

-This one is the biggest issue for me. No GNS 430/530. Finally we have a decent GPS in Xplane, and now they dont use it in their new planes. The GPS used in this plane looks like the stock Xplane FMS. Please make at least a pop-up GPS. C'mon its 2015. I saw gliders out there which uses at least a handheld Garmin. 

- Only three liveries. I hope for more

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg