Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

STEAM now offers refunds to customers

Steam Refunds

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount. (Some payment methods available through Steam in your country may not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. Click here for a full list.)

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Thanks for that heads-up, Vincent. Just applied for it.

Is this different in the EU? Since we have pretty set laws on this kind of stuff, but I was never sure how that transpired in Steam

Nice, I guess. Can't think of anything I ever wanted to return, though.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

@4.99 its not much of an issue but I did buy a bunch of stuff during a sale that I haven't even touched yet that I should really get a refund now that I can , if I still fit their terms and conditions

ZORAN

The topic title states US Customers. The post does not mention US only ? Should the title be for all Steam customers Vincent ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Steam Refunds

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

What, no return offer for those living in Swaziland...  :blink:  Totally unfair.  <_<

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

@4.99 its not much of an issue but I did buy a bunch of stuff during a sale that I haven't even touched yet that I should really get a refund now that I can , if I still fit their terms and conditions

This is the condition most likely to prevent your refund request... 

if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is this different in the EU? Since we have pretty set laws on this kind of stuff, but I was never sure how that transpired in Steam

Under EU law, once you start downloading or streaming the content you can't a refund as long the seller makes that clear. Obvious the seller will make it clear on its website in advance!

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/buy-sell-online/rights-e-commerce/index_en.htm

Any seller can, of course, offer better conditions if he chooses to

The topic title states US Customers. The post does not mention US only ? Should the title be for all Steam customers Vincent ?

Note the difference between "US" and "U.S."

The first is a collective "us"; the second are the correct initials for the United States.

Perhaps the former is what was intended, and the CAPS were simply for emphasis! :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

Yes Gerry, which is one of the reasons I suspect that the collective "us" with CAPs for emphasis was what was intended.

But, why don't I edit the topic title and remove any ambiguity?

If nothing else, it will be one less thing for you to obsess over.

Fr. Bill    

Ok here is an important update. I bought some titles several months ago that are well out side the conditions needed for a refund. I also live in Thailand. The bottom line is they will look at any request as long as its obvious it hasn't been used much, in my case no more than an hour per game.

Hello zoran
Your purchase has been refunded by Steam. You'll receive the funds within 7 days.   Euro Truck Simulator 2 Collector's Bundle Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Playtime: 15 minutes Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! Euro Truck Simulator Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Halloween Paint Jobs Pack Scania Truck Driving Simulator Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Ice Cold Paint Jobs Pack Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Force of Nature Paint Jobs Pack Trucks & Trailers Bus Driver

ZORAN

Ok here is an important update. I bought some titles several months ago that are well out side the conditions needed for a refund. I also live in Thailand. The bottom line is they will look at any request as long as its obvious it hasn't been used much, in my case no more than an hour per game.

Hello zoran

Your purchase has been refunded by Steam. You'll receive the funds within 7 days. Euro Truck Simulator 2 Collector's Bundle Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Playtime: 15 minutes Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! Euro Truck Simulator Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Halloween Paint Jobs Pack Scania Truck Driving Simulator Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Ice Cold Paint Jobs Pack Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Force of Nature Paint Jobs Pack Trucks & Trailers Bus Driver

WHAT????

Why would you get a refund on ETS2???? It's an amazing simulator.