Sign in to follow this  
pellelil

RC 4.3 working fine with P3Dv2.5 on a 64 bit Windows 8.1

Before I started (trying to get RC4.3 working ) with P3Dv2.5, I was a bit unsure it would work (since RC4.3 was never intended for P3D nor 64 bit operating systems). But in any case others are having the same doubt that I had, I have to say it was easy to get it up and running. Here below are the steps I did, that might help others. I will not mention it for each step, however WHENEVER possible choose right click an choose "run as administrator" in stead of simply running the programs and commands (that goes for starting CMD.exe as well):

• Get the latest version of FSUIPC (by Peter Dowson), and install it with your P3Dv2.5 (and ensure it is working).
  • Download the lastes MakeRunways from Pete's site, put it into your P3Dv2.5 folder and run it (verify it generates the files it is supposted in generate)
  • Install RC4.3 and license it (get the key).
  • As per instructed on the pinned note "713 and unregistered dll's"
    • Download "msstdfmt.dll" and copy it to your \windows\syswow64 folder
    • Start CMD (as Administrator) and navigate to the syswow64 folder, and execute the command egsvr32 msstdfmt.dll
  • Start RC (Configure as neede/prefered)
  • Generate your flight plans to FS200x format (PFPX can do this),
  • Load your flight plan into RC
  • Start P3D
  • Fly your favorite plane in P3Dv2.5, with guidance from RC4.3 :-)

Pelle Liljendal

Developer of Flightplan Visualizer

Thanks for denoting your procedures.

BTW: That's regsvr32 (sp err :) )

RC should execute makerwys.exe from within so it copies the files created from your P3D folder into its own data folder. As stated RC must have two levels of admin privileges - user level and program level. In Win 7 create a shortcut to to rcv4.exe in the folder you placed it in. Right click on the shortcut and click on properties. Click run as admin, then click advanced. in this second window enable run as admin as well. OK the second window and now back at the first window click apply to set both. OK to close the properties window. I don't know if Win 8 is the same.

User level is access to folders and files. Program level allows execution of programs, batch files, and access to certain windows process messages. You should only need to right click on rcv4.exe and click run as admin only for the installation if you set the shortcut as I stated.

You are absolutely correct Ron (it was a typo), naturally it should be "regsvr32" :-)

Pelle

Pelle Liljendal

Developer of Flightplan Visualizer

Well, I was hoping to find this kind of advice up here for FSX SE, if anyone else is running RC on Win7/64. I am running RC 4.3.3845, and just re-installed it after a few years of inactivity. All seemed to go well - I haven't run FSX yet to try it out, but the install went well as well as the configuration.

Any caveats that I need to know about?  Is it mandatory to download the "msstdfmt.dll" file? I have downloaded it just in case, but it seems to already exist in the proper syswow64 directory. If this error occurs, when does it pop up?

I haven't used RC in a long time, but I loved it when I was running it. Got chewed out a lot, usually for busting speed limits. Hope it will work okay with my current set-up.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I followed this advice to get it back up and running, and I can't believe I went so long without it. I found my old rc4 CD in my desk, emailed author and got link to latest version, installed as per above and all is going perfectly. On my way back to N30 from Innsbruck now, great to finally get some atc.

I just tried this solution for Windows 10.  It worked wonderfully.  Thank you for the solution and the post.