Sign in to follow this  
Selcuk73

AI Traffic for Prepar3d is released!

Enjoy folks!
I just download it.
It is an very easy install.

According to the manual to disable the original Ai of Prepard3:

- To disable the original FS2004 or FSX AI, you must do the following: FSX: navigate to: Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery and find a file called "trafficAircraft.bgl" rename it to "trafficAircraft.bak" and that is it.
  This way the original AI is dissabled but not deleted.

(Note, the above system is the same in FSX SE and Prepar3D)

NOTE: Name of software removed from title!  by firehawk44

Edited by firehawk44
link to website removed. Malwarebyes is blocking it. Anyone who clicked on it should run and Anti-Malware or Anti-Virus program. Member suspended for 7 days for providing a link to pirated software (normally a permanent ban).

Enjoy folks!

I just download it.

It is an very easy install.

Thank you much

Rich Sennett

Is it me or does this look an awful lot like the other free AI program that shall not be named? Different name, same setup. Hmmmm

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

### AI under another name, at least this time round they admit to not owning any of the models or flightplans.

It's stealing, whichever way you look at it.

### AI under another name, at least this time round they admit to not owning any of the models or flightplans.

It's stealing, whichever way you look at it.

Sorry, but people here at Avsim seem to confuse things a little. This is using things without permission. It is wrong? Very. But it's not stealing nor pirating, it's using without permission from the authors.

Edited by firehawk44
Member suspended for 7 days for advocating piracy to our membership.

it's using without permission from the authors.

If I "borrowed" you car without your permission it would not be stealing ?

Distributing without the permission of the authors is Pirating, be it software or music or the written word it is still theft.

You really need to rethink your value system.

Give your earlier comment some real thought and apply it to something that you created.

"But it's not stealing nor pirating, it's using without permission from the authors."

That is my last contribution to this thead, I will leave it to the Avsim mods to decide how long they let this thread run.

If I "borrowed" you car without your permission it would not be stealing ?

Distributing without the permission of the authors is Pirating, be it software or music or the written word it is still theft.

You really need to look rethink your value system.

Not if you brought it back. Two completely different situations, you can't compare, you are not dealing with physical goods. And it's freeware, so there are no commercial licenses too. As I said, it is very wrong, I personally think it's a despicable attitude, but it's not stealing.  

Not if you brought it back.

I doubt that the legal system would see it that way.

NAX669.png

. And it's freeware, so there are no commercial licenses too.

If I included the following statement in a Freeware package would you still feel it was Ok to distribute it ?

"This package, and its contents, can not be redistributed in any way without the
author's explicit and written permission."

Sorry, but people here at Avsim seem to confuse things a little. This is using things without permission. It is wrong? Very. But it's not stealing nor pirating, it's using without permission from the authors. 

That's stealing. If you used my car or my home without my permission that's stealing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If I included the following statement in a Freeware package would you still feel it was Ok to distribute it ?

"This package, and its contents, can not be redistributed in any way without the

Let me just make one thing really clear here: I never said it was ok to distribute it. I'll repeat, I find what these guys do despicable. But in answer to your question, you can state whatever you want, it's just a statement, it has no legal bearing whatsoever. 

And that's the last I'll say about this, because it doesn't matter what I say, people here will treat me like if I was defending these practices, and that's not my intention.  

because it doesn't matter what I say, people here will treat me like if I was defending these practices, and that's not my intention.

Well I have already made my mind up about you, as I am sure a few more folk have based on your statements here.

Using without permission from the authors is illegal, but, in this specific case, it is not exactly piracy, because they use such material to compile a brand new product with a completely different scope (AI traffic), which they offer for free.

False. Distributing a software or a music protected by copyright is piracy, because you're distributing the product itself. They are not distributing the 737 NGX by PMDG or the Airbus A319 by Aerosoft as they are. They use them to create a new product with a quite different purpose. There is a very big difference.

Just another misleading example. They are not distributing the product itself (freeware or payware) as it is.

Their attitude is questionable, for sure. But I am not sure it actually configures piracy.

Using without permission from the authors is illegal, but, in this specific case, it is not exactly piracy, because they use such material to compile a brand new product with a completely different scope (AI traffic), which they offer for free.

The definition of piracy:

pi·ra·cy

the unauthorized use or reproduction of another's work.

Seems pretty simple to me. You take someone else's work and use it or redistribute it without their permission, then it's piracy.

Doesn't matter what reason they are doing it for, or if they are selling it or giving it for free, it's still piracy.

Just another misleading example. They are not distributing the product itself (freeware or payware) as it is.

Their attitude is questionable, for sure. But I am not sure it actually configures piracy.

By definition above, it's still piracy because they are in a sense reproducing someone else's work, be it the models and/or flight plans, and rolling it into one package, which is reproducing without the owners permission and is piracy.

No matter how you look at it or try to make it seem ok, if you take something that you didn't make and redistribute it in any form without the owners permission, then it's piracy. Simple as that.

This thread should be locked as its against Avsim's stance on the matter.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

These guys take others peoples model's, paints, and plans then rename the files etc and call it their own work and you people supporting it don't see the problem? It's blatant piracy in every way.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS