Sign in to follow this  
dcrandall

FSX Simcopter v1.0

I will be releasing a NEW FSX Simcopter. This version is a complete re-do of Sim Westerly. New 3d object by me have been added along with many object by other 3d modelers that I have downloaded from avsim. The missions are now easier to install with a self installing .exe. and easier to complete. You will only fail if you jut can not finish it because you just ran out of time to play it or you crash your helicopter. THERE ARE NO CODES to unlock the zip file. You do not need to finish a city to play another city. Look for the video at youtube which I will upload in the next two days. The mission will be uploaded here at avsim after I have completed testing the mission (Groton Connecticut) and removing it from my flight simulator and using the installer and testing it again to make sure nothing is missing. I will also be uploading Pontotoc, Mississippi, a reqeust that was sent to me some time ago. Sorry for the long delay as I was working hard on this re-make. 

Please post any questions, comments or requests here.

Enjoy flying SimCopter again.

David Crandall

For information only - no action required. I tried running the "FSX Simcopter Groton Connecticut.exe" under windows 11. After extracting the files, it gives an error message "Error: FSX Simcopter Groton Connecticut (v1.0) is not allowed to run on Win (6.2) setup Aborted!" I was able to fix this by running under compatibility Windows 7 mode. Also, the installer default destination folder is that of FSX so if like me you are running FSXSE you'll need to browse to the correct location. I like the music running while the files are installing!

Question for dcrandall: impressive to have completed two big projects for FSX, this and the Appalachian Trail Mission. Just wondering what you are doing now, resting on your laurels or embarking on project number 3 - if so, any hints what it might be?