Sign in to follow this  
HPDave1950

Searching Forums

Please, could somebody tell me how I can search the AVSIM forums using keywords etc.  I cannot find a search box anywhere despite seeing it mentioned somewhere in another post.

Dave

Please, could somebody tell me how I can search the AVSIM forums using keywords etc.  I cannot find a search box anywhere despite seeing it mentioned somewhere in another post.

Dave

At the present time, you cannot.  We have turned the function off as we have gone into Performance Mode until our servers can be fixed.  Without performance mode, most members would not have access to AVSIM as they would receive 503 server errors.  We are trying to correct this problem and we expect it to be fixed very, very soon.  When the servers are fixed and we are back to normal mode, you will be able to search using a search bar located in the upper right hand corner of every forum.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I hope its resolved soon. I have no idea where I am or where I am going on this forum!

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Are the libraries down too? With the new format at http://forum.avsim.net there is no longer any link. Also the threads we are subscribed to and the list of new messages are missing. I guess this all is connected to the site maintenance.

Good luck getting it all back. We all miss it! Bob.

There is no new format and we do not plan to change the site format at this time.  We are still in maintenance or performance mode which means reduced services. Both servers were taken down yesterday and they may have to be shutdown again temporarily for further maintenance. The library should be operational by now though.

We were hoping to have the site back to normal today but we hit unexpected problems and maintenance will take a little longer.

The tab for the Library is no longer on the Forum site but you can get there by following the following link - http://library.avsim.net/login.php?. The link is also available on the front page of AVSIM under Hot Spots.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Welcome back. :smile:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!