Sign in to follow this  
gboz

A2A Piper Comanche 250

Looking good.

At last retractable gear on an A2A GA.

https://youtu.be/ykxeVxa8qJo

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Awesome as always! Every A2A GA stuff is a must buy. I have only one wish, please give us the option to choose KTS speedo, hate the MPH ones.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I have about 20hrs in a real Comanche - N6852P, it was an absolute joy to fly.   Everything Scott says about it in the video is true.  Flying a Comanche is like flying a 1960s muscle car....roomy, powerful, stable yet can yank and bank well, the best flying experience i have had.

DSCF0069.jpg

I am thrilled the Comanche has the same simple AP from the Cherokee (which was based on the real AP in Scott's Comanche).   The Comanche is a plane that begs to be flown with your hands and feet.  The AP only gives your arm a break during a long cruise.  You still have to monitor it, make trim adjustments, and take over for large course changes.  Plan on Climbs, Descents, IAPs being flown by hand, as they should be in a plane like this.

Cruise wise, a 'plain jane' Comanche should do around 160kts at 25 squared and maybe a little bit more with the speedmods.  

Cheers

TJ

Looks epic as always. A real treat would be a future update featuring the 400hp IO-720!! They didn't make many of them, I think. A must buy, as always.

I wish theyd release a faster twin. All this slow stuff is only fun for so long.

Lol if you want to go fast, fly a civil P-51, it goes fast, and unlike the jets and turboprops, it can go fast at low altitude. :lol:   Eventually we will get a T-33, that should move pretty well too.

Cheers

TJ

My first ride in an airplane was from my neighbor (private pilot) and I was 12 years old.  It was the Commanche 250.  Wow.  Can't wait for this bird.

Stan

Looks awesome!!!  I have been watching A2A Cherokee videos all weekend and I was planning on getting the Cherokee some time this week.  I was so looking forward to that but now I see this.  Hmmm, do I wait?  Or hit the credit card twice??  I know where this is heading already...:)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Lol if you want to go fast, fly a civil P-51, it goes fast, and unlike the jets and turboprops, it can go fast at low altitude. :lol:   Eventually we will get a T-33, that should move pretty well too.

Cheers

TJ

Not interested in military airplanes.

I wish theyd release a faster twin. All this slow stuff is only fun for so long.

For that,  get the RealAir Turbine Duke V2. 

It is true perfection in many ways,  and can be equipped with Garmin GNS or GTN avionics.

Just like a2a,  RealAir sweat the details.

Bert

lol technically the Civil P-51 is a civilian plane if it is a Cavalier edition.  Cavailer rebuilt Mustangs as executive aircraft in the 50s and had them FAA recertified with a Normal Airworthiness Certificate, the same kind of certificate found any normal category GA aircraft.  On Mark did the same thing with A-26s, turning them in to executive aircraft.  I think there are actually more airworthy Mustangs then there are Turbine Dukes, tho not sure how many of the surviving Mustangs are Cavalier editions.  Anyway, fly what makes you happy :BigGrin:

I digress lol.  Anyway, the Comanche should be fantastic.  Jake posted a teaser shot on the A2A forums, it is looking beautiful. :lol:

Cheers

TJ