Sign in to follow this  
Lucas777

NGX SDK, can't set the gear down

Hey guys, I'm currently working on my B738 home made cockpit based on the PMDG 737 NGX

I already have a lot of controls working, but i'm currently stuck with the gear.

It's frustrating due the lack of documentation but playing a bit with values I managed to make the gear move to the UP position

SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent(hSimConnect, 0, EVENT_GEAR_LEVER,-1, SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_HIGHEST, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG_GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);

and

hr = SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent(hSimConnect, EVENT_GEAR_LEVER, "#70087");    

That worked, however I'm unable to make the gear to go down, tried almost any value and it only seems to work with -1 and it makes it to go up.

In the PMDG_NGX_SDK.h file the MAIN_GearLever variable is commented as

// 0: UP  1: OFF  2: DOWN

So I tried to directly change its value, didn't work either, I guess it is read-only.

Any idea how can achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Never found a fix so I just hardcoded this by simulating a "G" keystroke, which switch the gear up/down

Hi,

here is my lines for Gear handling

2447 GEAR_LEVER
2448 GEAR_LEVER_OFF
2449 GEAR_LEVER_UNLOCK

if (var == 2447)
{
if (val == 1)
{
SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent(hSimConnect, 0, EVENT_GEAR_LEVER, MOUSE_FLAG_RIGHTSINGLE, SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_HIGHEST, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG_GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);
return match;
}

}

if (var == 2448)
{
if (val == 1)
{
SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent(hSimConnect, 0, EVENT_GEAR_LEVER, MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTSINGLE, SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_HIGHEST, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG_GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);
return match;
}
}

if (var == 2449)
{
if (val == 1)
{

SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent(hSimConnect, 0, EVENT_GEAR_LEVER, MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTSINGLE, SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_HIGHEST, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG_GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);
return match;
}
}

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3