Sign in to follow this  
Mirtma

What airliner / heavy metal to start with?

I've flown many virtual aircrafts, but never airliner. Now I want to start with them. And I don't really know what plane to buy. I want it to have 3d cockpit, good textures and that it would be good step for beginners. I've read some of reviews and end up with deciding whether to put FlightFactor Airbus A350-900 in shopping basket? Price 50 $ is acceptable. Any suggestions? 

---

Please mod, move this thread, posted here by mistake.

Edited by Mirtma

As a first step up from GA to airliners, I think the Majestic Dash8 would be a good choice. Great graphics, in depth systems and quite a bit more extended procedures than GA, but a little less complex than a Boeing.

It's quite challenging to flare, but a very nice aircraft to fly. And there's a very good video training from Airline2Sim for this aircraft, which I think is a nice bonus when learning to fly this bird.

Cheers!

Maarten

Demious, thank you for answering. I've noticed, that I post question in wrong forum ... Anyway, is Majestic Dash8 for X-Plane? Can you post a link where to buy it?

A mod can move the post for you.

Q-400 is FSX only, probably P3D as well.

I don't fly XP, however the videos on the FlyJSim 737-200 look really good, but it's not modern (as in the plane, not the add-on)

I didnt see this was the x-plane forum, my mistake. But there's also one for X-plane, but I havent flown it myself, so I cant tell much about the quality of the addon, but from the looks of it, it seems very nice.

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11661&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Cheers!

Maarten