Sign in to follow this  
morpheous

Strangle anomalies at airports with addon scenery

Hello,

I've been using P3D for a few months now, think its great and will continue to support it, however there are some strange things that maybe could be fixed if I knew how. At certain airports within the ORBX PNW scenery addon I get odd occurrences; like flying into KSEA and turning off onto the next high speed taxiway only to hit smack into a house, or while flying into Kelowna airport I see the airstrip but the taxi ways are showing as grass and the AI are at the terminals but floating 40ft in the air. 

Is there something I should be doing to fix this? I realize it's how ORBX and P3D interact but I'm not sure what to do about it.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim Vasto

Jim, try deleting the Shaders cache in P3D, and check if you are using a mesh, that the mesh is located above it.

Also, what scenery detail are you using?  You need at least 10M resolution, better if you can handle 5m.

Jim, try deleting the Shaders cache in P3D, and check if you are using a mesh, that the mesh is located above it.

Also, what scenery detail are you using?  You need at least 10M resolution, better if you can handle 5m.

Where is the Shaders cache located?

Yes I'm using 5M resolution.

Jim

Jim Vasto

Where is the Shaders cache located?

Yes I'm using 5M resolution.

Jim

Not in front of my PC at the moment, but from memory in Users/Your Name/AppData/Local/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Shaders

Jim, also make sure you apply the latest P3Dv2 Scenery Libraries, this should also fix your issue.

Ok cleared the shaders cache, what P3Dv2 Scenery Libraries are you referring to? The latest from Orbx?

Jim

Jim Vasto

Ok cleared the shaders cache, what P3Dv2 Scenery Libraries are you referring to? The latest from Orbx?

Jim

Yes Jim, in the Orbx site, download and reapply the latest libraries for P3Dv2 version. This fixed the issue for me

That's for the advice Will, unfortunately not much has changed for me, still get grass taxiways (w/pntd lines) at cylw and floating homes and various airports. Funny thing is that the floating homes typically only occurs the first time i fly into an airport, second time around that issue seems to go away.

Jim

Jim Vasto