Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Communication issue

I have VOXATC installed and have done several speech training exercises for it to recognize me.  When it has me speak the first time it doesn't pick it up and I speak the SAME exact way the second time it does.  This happens for every communication I do.  It isn't anything with my training program and I don't know how else to get it to work correctly.  For now I just have to repeat myself and then it takes it.  Help?

Josh Scholl

I have VOXATC installed and have done several speech training exercises for it to recognize me.  When it has me speak the first time it doesn't pick it up and I speak the SAME exact way the second time it does.  This happens for every communication I do.  It isn't anything with my training program and I don't know how else to get it to work correctly.  For now I just have to repeat myself and then it takes it.  Help?

It happend to me also.

Sometimes i have the feeling that you can say anything the second time and will pick it up. Try.

Indeed, no matter what you say, the second time Voxatc will always pick it up. Don't know why, but it works even if you say random words, I checked that.

Indeed, no matter what you say, the second time Voxatc will always pick it up. Don't know why, but it works even if you say random words, I checked that.

I believe you can adjust vox somewhere in settings, how many attempts it accepts, prior to taking your word for it (default must be on the second attempt). On the other hand, I don't think the built in voice reco is doing its job as well as some other voice reco aps (eg, fs2 crew), or perhap, the correct pronunciation is a little more critical/complex ?

I believe you can adjust vox somewhere in settings, how many attempts it accepts, prior to taking your word for it (default must be on the second attempt). On the other hand, I don't think the built in voice reco is doing its job as well as some other voice reco aps (eg, fs2 crew), or perhap, the correct pronunciation is a little more critical/complex ?

Not sure if you can specify how many attempts it will accept, but it might be possible.  If there is a config section for that possibility, I just don't know.

I have to disagree about the voice recognition.  I went through the windows training, as well as the VoxATC training and it really is very accurate when I speak.  I don't always get it right, and as we now know, the second effort is a given, but it seems to be quite accurate for me if I am precise with my commands.  I mess up here and there, but otherwise it works fine for me.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

how well does the speech recognition work on other apps?

try opening notepad, then going to the control panel and turning speech recognition on. see if it's at least pretty close to interpreting what you are speaking. it's possible that it's just a separate issue like your microphone isn't picking up your voice well or it's having difficulty picking you up from background noise or something.

in voxatc i rarely have to repeat myself.. maybe one command every few flights, so i think it's possible to improve the results you are getting. it sounds like it basically isn't working at all which seems indicative of a more fundamental problem

cheers

-andy crosby

Not sure if you can specify how many attempts it will accept, but it might be possible.

Jay

There is a thread somewhere on this forum that specifies precisely how to perform this action, don't seem to be able to find it ?

Not sure if you can specify how many attempts it will accept, but it might be possible.  If there is a config section for that possibility, I just don't know.

I have to disagree about the voice recognition.  I went through the windows training, as well as the VoxATC training and it really is very accurate when I speak.  I don't always get it right, and as we now know, the second effort is a given, but it seems to be quite accurate for me if I am precise with my commands.  I mess up here and there, but otherwise it works fine for me.

Jay

You can not specify how many attempts in voxatc

how well does the speech recognition work on other apps?

try opening notepad, then going to the control panel and turning speech recognition on. see if it's at least pretty close to interpreting what you are speaking. it's possible that it's just a separate issue like your microphone isn't picking up your voice well or it's having difficulty picking you up from background noise or something.

in voxatc i rarely have to repeat myself.. maybe one command every few flights, so i think it's possible to improve the results you are getting. it sounds like it basically isn't working at all which seems indicative of a more fundamental problem

cheers

-andy crosby

The key is the sound simulator. when you training voice recognition is not simulator sound present.

do the training with backgound engine sound ore mute your sim when speak if you do not have a noise cancelation mic.

I second that. I use Multi Crew Experience and its voice recognition works almost flawlessly. Can't say the same about VoxAtc, even if I've run the speech training extensively.

You can not specify how many attempts in voxatc

Yes you can ! A simple search in the forum and you have that : Post # 13

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416410-no-of-say-again/?hl=%2Battempt

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|