Sign in to follow this  
Old_As_Dirt

10-40 b4 available

No release notes posted yet.  I'm flying now and see no difference.

John

John Wingold

My mouse zoom is broken after b4... anyone else?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

Mine works inside the cockpit but doesn't work in exterior views.

NAX669.png

Yeah that is what I'm seeing.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Same here. Outside VC no mouse wheel zoom.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yep no zoom in external view.

For me HD + UHD (mountains) and clouds are the highest fps killers. Of course this is because i am on a laptop else I pull around 20 which is not bad with HDR and stuff set to almost max.

10.40 is getting better and better wish they did something more about the weather and AI. These two things really put me off XPX. I am not too bothered about ATC. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I am using the NOAA GFS weather plugin which is pretty good.

http://x-plane.joanpc.com/plugins/xpgfs-noaa-weather

I guess you need to have Python installed for that, but it does a pretty good job. It is supposed to (apart from other things), make the weather change more gradual, but that does not seem to happen.

World Traffic helps with the AI aircraft. You can supposedly add quite a few without killing your system. But the latest version seems to be a bit of a framerate killer. But it is a system that has a lot of potential.

http://www.classicjetsims.com/WorldTraffic/

There is also a system now to interface Radar Contact 4 with X-Plane. Must look into that myself one day, but like you, ATC is not high on my list of things to use.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I have NOAA , but still the weather is limited. 

Ah I am getting around 15-19 @CYPK on my Lenovo Flex 2 which is just 4 GB and I have HD Mesh and all settings maxed with Global shadow to low and weather CAVOK. with the DR400 from Xpfr. On my Toshiba it is similar or lower

The view is awesome..

I just noticed that Thread Optimization in Nvidia is working. The moment I switch it OFF the fps drops. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I have Threaded Optimization turned OFF but I never noticed much difference as I recall.  I may have to re-visit that setting under more controlled conditions.  That change may not work on the "M" version graphics on a laptop.

Oh..boy...stick with .b3 for now...

I have just lost 5-7 FPS mean average from .b3, and like all the others posting...the mouse zoom on outside is now broken.  

Question...is there a way to go back to a specific, beta series...or are you stuck with the latest, or the back R.C.?  I really want to go back to .b3 for now...

Post Edit: Wow..something really went 'south' between .b3 and .b4. I am getting 9 FPS less in flight, than was had with .b3!

Same settings, same parameters..nothing in the sim changed, but from going to .b4. Outside Spot-View  mouse zoom function broken. Are there others that users have found?

Is there a Laminar page...that will allow you to roll-back to a prior beta version?  If so...can someone post it, please!

Thanks..

To roll back just un-check the "check for betas" during the update process. It will drop back to last release version.

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

It will drop back to last release version

Mitch wants to go back to the previous beta version.

NAX669.png