Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

File Backup for Key and Joystick Button Assignments?

Another X-Plane 10 Newbie Question.

Is there a file or files that contain key strokes and joystick button assignments.  If so, I would plan on backing these up.

I think it's in Output/Preferences

If you backup the files in there, then these should contain all of your keyboard/joystick assignments.

Another X-Plane 10 Newbie Question.

Is there a file or files that contain key strokes and joystick button assignments.  If so, I would plan on backing these up.

One suggestion for you to look into might be X-Assign. A pretty low-key plugin, It has the capability of saving three different key/button/axis profiles per aircraft. Very, very handy if you want to flip back and forth between helicopters and fixed wing.

It also has the benefit of (optionally) saving the position of the aircraft when you exit the sim.  Great feature if you're like me and like to fly from place to place; it'll always be where you last parked it.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thank you tonywob and Jimmy RFR for these suggestions.  What would newbies do without you guys.

One of the very good things about X-Plane is the fact that there is a solution for everyone's needs.

I am an X-Plane newbie myself (since March 2015) and I really have to say: X-Plane is a great place to be "when it comes to virtually going places" so to say... :-)