Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

nVidia Inspector problem

Hi all

Trying to set up NVidia Inspector on my new laptop and having a bit of trouble with getting NVidia to save changes. My laptop runs Windows 8.1 (64-bit). Every time I make the necessary changes as advised by Ryan in his set-up guide for NVidia and click on "Apply Changes", it sends everything back to the default settings. I am following his instructions step-by-step. Nothing I try saves the settings. Can someone help?

Hello Matthew, I am not an expert in these matters.  You did not mention it in your Post but did you place the items mentioned by Ryan into the Nvidia Program Settings via the Manage 3D Settings i.e. Anisotropic Filtering:16x, Power Management:Prefer Maximum Performance  and so on.  This has to be entered first before the settings in Nvidia Inspector, Hope this helps,

Mathew, try this.  Find the MS Flight Simulator X profile in NI, then delete it.  I read a couple of years ago that for some reason (I forget now) NI keeps the default profile as is, no matter what.  Create a new profile and it should be ok to setup as you wish.  Then back it up.  Everytime NI is updated, the profile is returned to the default, I simple delete and replace, no problem.

Hope that helps.

Rich

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

If I may, it also depends on the card you have.  I had the exact same issue with NI not saving the changes I wanted to make.  I found out online that the latest 970 and 980 cards were "locked" out, but also if you used the latest nVidia drivers.  Backing up your drivers to 344.xx or somehwere near that should fix the problem, as it did for me.  If you still want to use the later drivers, you can, but NI won't give you joy.  You'll need to try and set your settings through the nVidia control panel, and even there, it can be a wrestling match.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

May need to 'run as administrator'. Can't remember if I had to do this inspector, but it's something to try.

Hi all

Trying to set up NVidia Inspector on my new laptop and having a bit of trouble with getting NVidia to save changes. My laptop runs Windows 8.1 (64-bit). Every time I make the necessary changes as advised by Ryan in his set-up guide for NVidia and click on "Apply Changes", it sends everything back to the default settings. I am following his instructions step-by-step. Nothing I try saves the settings. Can someone help?

The FIRST TIME Nvidia Inspector is run on the system or AFTER a driver upgrade/install the AA settings you made in Nvidia Inspector may not be retained. This is a bug that has been around for some time.

Read this and you will find you're solution: http://www.simforums.com/forums/nvidia-settings-im-confused_topic45738.html

Pretty sure it's some word update becasue for no reason I can't my settings in both NI and the Nvidia Control Panel. It just reverts back to default. Inspector does it as you change it and click outside the box it'll change back to default.

Running the program as an administrator?

Kyle Rodgers

I updated my drivers (clean install option selected) and it now works fine.