Sign in to follow this  
bpcw001

Lear 24B LOC/GS again

Hi all,

I am a proud new owner of the LHC Lear 24B. Fine aircraft!

Now, I did read the manuals and quite some of the user input on the forums regarding ILS approaches using the Lear autopilot system.

Hence, I manage to have the autopilot fly the ILS right to minimums, but I kept asking myself why I never get a switch from NAV/ARM and GS/ARM (yellow) to white NAV/CAP and GS/CAP on the autopilot annunciator panel despite the autopilot tracking LOC and GS perfectly. I have integrated the F1 GTN 750.

What I do:

Fly on Gps and NAV, ALT mode to line up with the localizer

when aligned, switch from gps to VLOC mode and push LOC to capture laterally.. NAV CAP will be correctly shown in AP annunciator.

when the yellow dot comes down on the HSI and reaches the middle, cancel ALT mode and push APR.

Doing so brings NAV CAP back to NAV ARM and additionally shows GS ARM. Both NAV and GS then never turn to CAP mode despite the aircraft flying the ILS correctly both laterally and vertically.

Maybe someone could explain what i am doing wrong here and post the proper procedure.

Thanks

Dave P. Woycek