Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

TFFJ St Barts is Broken

I'm using FSX Gold version and it seems that my TFFJ St. Barts airport is not working correctly.

I cannot touch the ground.  I can land and shut off the engines, but my aircraft is suspended in the air above the runway.  It is the same if I reload the aircraft on the ramp.

I am using FTX Global.  Could this be the problem?

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

Thank you,

Bob

Aircraft%20suspended%20in%20air%20at%20S

Thank you.  I'll check with FlyTampa.

The whole area seems to be messed up.  I just went from St. Maarten to V.C. Bird and the elevations were all screwed up there too.

Bob

or check scenery order maybe its not flattening correctly if you have other scenery with different/or default elevation.  mesh installed?  whats mesh resolution is another thing to check.

Thank you Andre.  I'll check that.  

I haven't got any responses from the FlyTampa forum yet. I appreciate the help I'm getting so quickly here at Avsim.

Thank you,

Bob

Go into your programs list, "Orbx" "FTX Global configurator", then "Airport elevation corrections". Then click "Run auto config" and wait. After the program has done its thing click "apply"...

Hope this helps...

Donald

Go into your programs list, "Orbx" "FTX Global configurator", then "Airport elevation corrections". Then click "Run auto config" and wait. After the program has done its thing click "apply"...

Hope this helps...

Donald

That is only is an option if he has Vector. He mentions that he uses FTX Global, not vector. Do you also have FTX Global Vector? If so, do what Donald says above.

Andre, that was the problem.  As I purchase new scenery, my FlyTampa scenery moved down in priority within the scenery.cfg file.

When I moved it back up, things seem to have been fixed.  I'll check some of the other airports in the area, but St. Barts is looking good now.

Thank you for your help and everyone who posted with suggestions.

Truly, Avsim is the place to get the best help. I appreciate it so much.

If I see more problems, I'll post here and I'll be trying some of the other suggestions.

Bob

1st%20Perfect%20Landing%20at%20St.%20Bar