Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Carenado Piper Navajo Released

Like the title says, I've got a decent amount of time in the real thing and am working on a review video right now!

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Thanks for the review David.

The best way to shut down the sound in the GTN 750 is to go into the settings and move the bar all the way to the left.

You can also inhibit terrain, but you will still get the pull up & sink rate warnings. Your last resort would be to delete the audio files.

If you had to choose between this one and the Alabeo C404, which one is a better value?

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks for the review David.

The best way to shut down the sound in the GTN 750 is to go into the settings and move the bar all the way to the left.

You can also inhibit terrain, but you will still get the pull up & sink rate warnings. Your last resort would be to delete the audio files.

If you had to choose between this one and the Alabeo C404, which one is a better value?

Jose

The 404 hands down.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Guest BeaverDriver

Terrain page, Menu, TAWS disable

Interesting if you can do that. You can't on the real thing, at least not in the model we have. I'll have to look again when I get home to find that on the simulation version.

Glenn

Appreciate the video David. It appears to have the same squirrely ground handling all the rest of them do. I don't understand why something that handles so beautifully in the air needs to destroy every flight by being completely uncontrollable the instant the nosewheel touches the ground. Think I'm gonna pass on this one. I put an hour on the C404 last night, pretty nice airplane after a month of fixing, lol.

You're spot-on with the panel shake BTW, the first couple quivers look realistic, the epileptic seizure that follows is a bit much!

Appreciate the video David. It appears to have the same squirrely ground handling all the rest of them do. I don't understand why something that handles so beautifully in the air needs to destroy every flight by being completely uncontrollable the instant the nosewheel touches the ground. Think I'm gonna pass on this one. I put an hour on the C404 last night, pretty nice airplane after a month of fixing, lol.

You're spot-on with the panel shake BTW, the first couple quivers look realistic, the epileptic seizure that follows is a bit much!

I will say that real planes can get a bit squirrely after all no triwheel vehicle is really very stable just Google reliant robbin lol. I've scared myself before right after I got my PPL I went flying I hit a huge bump on the runway in my Viking and it decided to head for the dirt so I over corrected and yah it was about to get out of hand thankfully I was right at flying speed so I just flew it off to get out of the situation,scary stuff though.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Heh! In my younger days as an A&P I decided it'd be a good idea to see what a Pitts S2 felt like at full power on the runway so I did a "full power ops check" as part of a 100 hr and nearly loaded my shorts 1/2 a second later. I managed to get it shut down and kept it upright and on the pavement somehow but I've never been quite so adventurous with the runups since! :smile:

The 404 hands down.

Just what I thought. Thx

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest BeaverDriver

Terrain page, Menu, TAWS disable

Son of a gun - thanks for this Bert. This is not on our real unit at work, so either it's a slightly different version of the 750, or F1 made some concessions and added a page of options. Either way, this is good and handy to know - thanks.

Glenn