My system runs FSX-SE very well most of the time except on occasion with PMDG and some A2A aircraft under heavy load.

The problem Im having is all of my 4 CPU cores max out at 100% on a regular basis (i2500k OC to 4.7ghz)

My GPU a gtx 560 ti sits at 50-60% load most of the time

Now when the cores all max out at 100% FSX stops rendering the scenery and it goes Blurry. When this is going on Im monitoring My GTX 560ti as well and its hardly even stressed.

Im due for a system upgrade this year some time but in the meantime any ideas why my Cores are regurly maxed out and what I can I do about that? I have 8GB of RAM (snipers) and running on WIN 7

ZORAN

You should check within your task manager to see whether or not FSX is the culprit. FSX does not use multiple cores and it looks like there's a possibility that either an addon or an entirely other program causing the 100% cpu load. 

The program might be an fsx associated program, so if you are unable to find a specific program, try uninstalling add ons to see if you can find which might be causing a problem. And finally, do a fresh install as a last resort.

That was actually the first thing I did but couldn't see anything in the Task manager that may be a culprit. However I will take your advice and start to disable add ons.

Regarding fsx using all cores I was under the impression that affinity mask=14 spread the load evenly

ZORAN

edit

false alarm

ZORAN

FSX typically has one core at 100% at all times, and the other cores are used for texture loading, so their load will differ.

Every minute or so, the scenery lighting is refreshed and all cores will be busy - this is normal.

Also flying into heavy, detailed scenery will max out the cores.

With AM=14, the very first core should be lightly loaded at all times, and only the last three cores max out.

Bert

Thanks Bert the cores are maxing out like you say in heavy scenery with heavy aircraft etc so I think I just need to accept that. The blurry textures are much reduced with my frames now set to unlimited and the last time they occurred was landing the T777 surrounded by ORBX everything. I just paused the sim for 30 seconds and the textures caught up again.

ZORAN