Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

10.40b5 now available

Probably fixes the mouse zoom I would assume. 

Just a warning for others, I'm getting substantially worse performance with this beta (Glad I backed up first :-))

Just a warning for others, I'm getting substantially worse performance with this beta (Glad I backed up first :-))

Did you try rebooting and then going in again? Even going and changing the rendering to something else then back again can make a huge difference. I found that on my machine. Really strange. 

Bob

Horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrray!  My FPS are back at 30!

Thank gawd, and mouse zoom in spot view is enabled again. I wonder if that bug had anything to do with my 33 percent drop in FPS with the prior, .b4?  No matter now...I have the FPS rating once again with what I had with .b3:

Here's the proof..lol:

Cessna_172SP_15.png

Cessna_172SP_16.png

Tony...so weird that you are the opposite. Reboot, defrag, etc...

Whew!

Just tried a reboot, no joy. I'm also getting weird graphical artifacts on the screen like bright glowing lines around objects. Ouch, this beta is messed up for me.

I'll downgrade back to beta 4 for now

Just tried a reboot, no joy. I'm also getting weird graphical artifacts on the screen like bright glowing lines around objects. Ouch, this beta is messed up for me.

Yep the old FSX quote "Your experience may vary".

Bob

Yep the old FSX quote "Your experience may vary".

Bob

Bob....you are cleared to take to runway '.b5'   Have a nice flight....

"I am so glad to report, that all my .b4 performance degradation has been resolved by .b5. In fact...I have a locked 30 FPS, but I have seen my FPS counter climb OVER my locked...to 31..as my FPS performance has returned in a big way, even with heavy cloud, which we all know, is a killer for FPS...look here.., 29.64 FPS, basically at my locked 30...and it has been this way from the first at taxi.  XPX.40b5 is again the champ!"

I have BACKED THIS BETA UP!   Back to another great flight from KFNT, to CYBD (Bella Coola), real time.... 

Eclipse_9.png

I have BACKED THIS BETA UP!  

How do you backup? Just copy the whole Xplane folder?

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

I am doing well also. 

Question: What is the difference in texture resolution from "extreme" to "very high" ? My vram get's dropped to 1/2, but for my old eyes I cannot see any difference.

Bob

How do you backup? Just copy the whole Xplane folder?

Yessir...everything except your custom scenery and aircraft folder. Just grab everything else and create a Zip file...  .b5 is my 'new' most excellent prior '.b3!

Bob, you'll certainly see the difference in the cockpit, at that setting things start to become blurry, especially in HD cockpits such as those from Carenado.

I am doing well also. 

Question: What is the difference in texture resolution from "extreme" to "very high" ? My vram get's dropped to 1/2, but for my old eyes I cannot see any difference.

Bob

I see a little difference Bob, when I go from 'Very High' to 'Extreme'...but as you say, not enough at all, to justify the 'FPS-kill zone' between the two. I only run with what you see in my screenshot..and I never change the sim settings from what you see. This is what belts out 30 FPS (.b3 and .b5) on my system..and the resultant screen grabs. It never waivers...

This is what I expect from this sim platform...and it delivers!

Try running the 337.88 WHQL driver suite for your nVidia card (this is what is driving my GTX680 2GB in all screen shots). I have used later drivers..but this driver has always been the FPS champ from priors..and even series beyond it.  I am sticking with this one, for my GTX680!  As you can see, no artifacts running with .b5

Tony, I am running the 337.88, best for me too.

Mitch, I am flying the 337 and see no difference. The cockpit was the first place I looked. Cannot see any difference. but with DSF checked on extreme the vram was about 22, with very high rez it is at 750. Unbelievable. Without DSF checked the max vram was about 1.4 then to 750 for very high rez. This leaves a considerable amount of vram to up something else like water rez or shadows. 

Bob