Sign in to follow this  
MrPlaneDriver

Cannot access Support Desk

Hello!

I'm having activation issues with the J41 and have been trying to access the Support Desk in order to submit a ticket, but I just can't, since I forgot my login details and the system won't let me change the password.

Clicking the "Forgot your passowrd?" link opens a window that says it'll send an email allowing me to change my password, but it actually just sends my login info. Strangely, when I try to enter them in the login page, it says that either my username or password is wrong.

Can someone from PMDG look into this?

Matheus Mafra

Can someone from PMDG look into this?

Searching for your name, I don't see any users in the system.

Please keep in mind that the support portal uses its own set of credentials, and does not use the same log-in info that the store uses.

Kyle Rodgers

Searching for your name, I don't see any users in the system.

Please keep in mind that the support portal uses its own set of credentials, and does not use the same log-in info that the store uses.

I'm aware of that. I have submitted a few tickets in the past. Try looking for Matheus de Barros. I may have registered using my middle name, but can't remember if I've ever changed it.

Matheus Mafra

I'm aware of that. I have submitted a few tickets in the past. Try looking for Matheus de Barros. I may have registered using my middle name, but can't remember if I've ever changed it.

You'd be surprised at the number who don't know. I had just answered a pointed ticket from someone else about the "issue" of their credentials from the store not working with the support desk, too, so it was fresh on my mind.

Have you tried a different browser? If you're getting an email with new credentials, then you're in the system. I was logged into the system last night, so the function itself works. From there, it's usually browser issues, or something along those lines.

Kyle Rodgers

You'd be surprised at the number who don't know. I had just answered a pointed ticket from someone else about the "issue" of their credentials from the store not working with the support desk, too, so it was fresh on my mind.

I do believe you, man... I've been around this forums for enough time to believe such things happen :D

Have you tried a different browser? If you're getting an email with new credentials, then you're in the system. I was logged into the system last night, so the function itself works. From there, it's usually browser issues, or something along those lines.

Actually I haven't, and and did work! I hadn't even thought the browser could be an issue. Thanks a lot and sorry for taking your time because of such an obvious issue :P

Just so you know, I was having problems with Firefox, but it worked in Chrome, in my phone, at least...

Anyhow, I'll be undergoing eye surgery within a few minutes (I'm writing from the waiting room), so I'll be quiet for the next week while I recover. As soon as I'm able I'll open a ticket to solve the activation problem.

Thanks again!

Matheus Mafra

Actually I haven't, and and did work! I hadn't even thought the browser could be an issue. Thanks a lot and sorry for taking your time because of such an obvious issue

Just so you know, I was having problems with Firefox, but it worked in Chrome, in my phone, at least...

Good to know. Thanks for reporting that! We use Chrome and IE at my day job, mostly because IE is best for SharePoint, but the version is so outdated that most of the other sites we need won't work properly, so we use Chrome for that. Browser compatibility is a daily struggle here, so it was a top choice when I saw your issue.

Anyhow, I'll be undergoing eye surgery within a few minutes (I'm writing from the waiting room), so I'll be quiet for the next week while I recover. As soon as I'm able I'll open a ticket to solve the activation problem.

Not fun. Best of luck and speedy recovery!

Kyle Rodgers

Not fun. Best of luck and speedy recovery!

Thanks a lot! Well, the recovery process ended up being faster than I expected. I had surgery to correct for nearsightedness. I can see well enough, although it's still a little blurry, hypersensitivity to light is an issue and it gets out of focus every now and then. My doctor said it's OK to look at screens, so here I am :P

Good to know. Thanks for reporting that! We use Chrome and IE at my day job, mostly because IE is best for SharePoint, but the version is so outdated that most of the other sites we need won't work properly, so we use Chrome for that. Browser compatibility is a daily struggle here, so it was a top choice when I saw your issue.

I prefer Chrome, but since my PC has only enough RAM (4GB), I use Firefox instead, which takes a smaller toll on my computer. My specs are below descent and I kinda got used to flying on a slideshow hahaha

I'm be upgrading when I move to England in September.

Matheus Mafra

Thanks a lot! Well, the recovery process ended up being faster than I expected. I had surgery to correct for nearsightedness. I can see well enough, although it's still a little blurry, hypersensitivity to light is an issue and it gets out of focus every now and then. My doctor said it's OK to look at screens, so here I am

Glad to hear it!

Kyle Rodgers

Hey, Kyle!

Let me update you on my problem with the Support Portal.

I reported to you a few days ago that I was able to access the portal on my Android phone via Chrome. But today I tried logging into it on my desktop again and it failed on IE, Firefox, and Chrome, even though I used the very same username and password that worked in the mobile browser. I was only able to access the portal on my desktop when I logged in on my phone again and tried changing my password. Now it's all good.

I thought you'd be interested in having some more feedback on this issue.

PS.: Also, it'd be nice if you could look into this topic that I started about my forementioned activation problem with the J41.

Cheers!

Matheus Mafra