Sign in to follow this  
JosiasMJr

Purchase Issues

Hello scandinavian13

As i am new in this forum, i am not able to start a new topic, so allow me please to use this one to say that i had a similar problem today.  I would say worse.

I hope that my account was not hacked. 

This morning I have bought the 777-300ER Expansion for 29.99 using my Master Card.

However something very strange happened.  I received two SMS from Master Card at the same time.  The first one saying the buy was not approved because of mismatch in the user's address.  And the second SMS saying the buy was approved.

Just after that, I clicked in "My Account" menu on the top of your site, and for my surprise it came a message saying:  "Igor Bak - Accounting Menu" and "Welcome Back Igor Bak!".  By entering the account, i saw that this Igor Bak is someone from Russia. Your system has mixed up two accounts, or it was hacked.

My name is Josias Martins Junior from Brazil and not IGOR BAK from Russia !!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose my account was hacked, because i did not receive any email from PMDG or from Precisionmanuals referring to that last buy.

Then I tried to open a ticket but it happened the same issue as our colleague described on this posting.  It said my username did not existed or password was wrong.

After that i tried another link for contact to the PMDG support page and asked them to please, urgently check whether this product was really bought from me or from this Igor Bak as i did not got any email confirmation at all.

If so, to please cancel that buy urgently and let me know.

So far I did not receive any email at all from PMDG neither from the buy nor from the support contact.  Could you please help me in this case?

Regards,

Josias Martins Jr

Josias Martins Jr

Hello scandinavian13,

good that MyPlaneDriver has solved his problem, but please don't close this topic...  i still need help.. very much!

thank you in advance!

Josias Martins Jr

Could you please help me in this case?

Submit a ticket at the link in my signature (it is a separate account from this one, and our store site) and report it there. I won't be able to jump into any of our systems until late tonight (firewall restrictions at my day job). By submitting a ticket at the link below, one of our support guys may be able to work it before I could.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle, 

Thank you for the answer.

However I have already done that at least 3 hours ago, and so far no answer at all...

Hope I have done the right thing:  Please, confirm whether it was correct:  after entering the page on  http://support.precisionmanuals.com I have clicked on PMDG STORE,  and at the the bottom of page I've clicked on CONTACT US, filled the form and sent.   Is this what you call as "opening a ticket"?

As no confirmation came to me, I tried to ask for help here...

thank you again!

Rem: I cannot make my photo appear on my posts,  however it is already shown on my profile...

Josias Martins Jr

Hello Kyle

I have talked to the Master Card hotline again and they said that no debt was made on my card because of a small error in my name where I abbreviated the word Junior as Jr.

So now I will fix the name and make the purchase again.

However there is still a serious problem to be clarified.   How could I suddenly open the personal data of other customer as I described above?  It seems there is a security problem with PMDG customer data database access...

To help the guys from support, I'd like to say that as I remember, I logged in yesterday and I closed the notebook which remained suspended during the night.  This morning I notice that I was still logged in and continued the purchase without the need to login again. Maybe in this particular situation the system has mixed the things up.   Maybe it could be interesting to implement a timeout for cancelling the login after a certain period of inactivity.

If you have the opportunity I would recommend you to check whether is there a real customer with this name IGOR BAK in PMDG database...

And last, so far nobody from PMDG support has returned my contact from today.  Fortunately it was solved anyway.

thanks and regards,

Josias

Josias Martins Jr

Thank you for the answer.
However I have already done that at least 3 hours ago, and so far no answer at all...
Hope I have done the right thing:  Please, confirm whether it was correct:  after entering the page on  

This is the reason nobody has responded yet.

Per my instructions above:

1. Go to support.precisionmanuals.com
  2. Create an account (since it is a separate account than the one used in our store - there is a register button at the top right)
  3. After you create an account and log in, you'll see a blue tickets button. Click it, and then click Start Ticket. Provide the necessary info and continue.

The Contact Us link you clicked on is just a generic feature the provider of the store software/service included. It's not at all linked with the support system.

Kyle Rodgers