Hello everyone,

I have recently gotten IGPU multi monitor to work, so I have three screens running off my Nvidia GTX 750.  I have two other screens running off of the integrated graphics.  All the displays work in harmony, with me able to drag screens like chrome from the gpu screens to the integrated screens without a problem.  When I try to do the same to fsx however, try to undock a panel and move it to the integrated screens both in windowed and full screen mode, the sim has a fatal error and crashes.

How do if fix this?

Thanks in advance,

I believe this is an fsx limitation due to its coding. It's something to do with it being not able to run in true full screen mode I believe. I'll see if I can figure it out.

This isnt a solution, but info that may be helpful for what you are trying to do:

There are plenty of reviews on it from more reputable sites but it doesn't work how you think it does. It doesn't increase performance, in most cases you will see a decrease. The igpu is tasked to intercepting and removing extra draw calls. So it really only works when you are above your monitors refresh rate. It is artificially raising the fps because it is not tasking the gpu to render the frames it removes but the fps counter still counts them. 

It would be nice to have the igpu actually offload graphics rendering but this is currently not how it works.

The article they are refering to is here, the igpu performance analysis:

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/intel_ivy_bridge_core_i5_3570k_core_i7_3770k_review,6.html

Thanks for the reply,

I understand that the igpu does not increase performance by working with the gpu, but I just need to get the image on to the igpu screens.  The fsx limitation you speak of, is this only in full screen mode? I can't get a window to move in both full screen and windowed.  Does this limitation show up in P3D?  I know I can't start that with the igpu screens on, as it gives a bex error.

Thanks for the reply,

The fsx limitation you speak of, is this only in full screen mode?

I see what you mean and what you are trying to do, but neither fsx or p3d operate in true full screen mode. The specifics of why, I'm not really sure of. I'll keep digging tho.

I see what you mean and what you are trying to do, but neither fsx or p3d operate in true full screen mode. The specifics of why, I'm not really sure of. I'll keep digging tho.

This is the first time I've heard that FSX does not run in true full screen mode. The usual complaint about P3DV2 though is that unlike FSX, it is P3DV2 that does not run in true full screen.

gb.

Hello everyone,

I have recently gotten IGPU multi monitor to work, so I have three screens running off my Nvidia GTX 750.  I have two other screens running off of the integrated graphics.  All the displays work in harmony, with me able to drag screens like chrome from the gpu screens to the integrated screens without a problem.  When I try to do the same to fsx however, try to undock a panel and move it to the integrated screens both in windowed and full screen mode, the sim has a fatal error and crashes.

How do if fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Do all these screens show up in the monitor drop down list in FSX settings?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I see the nvidia card and the integrated graphics, I do not see 6 individual screens, just graphics processors.

thanks,

I see the nvidia card and the integrated graphics, I do not see 6 individual screens, just graphics processors.

thanks,

Ok but you have a total of five entries there where you can set the individual resolutions etc of each screen? I'm just checking that your FSX does recognize all those monitors.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Do you mean in the fsx.cfg? No I don't.  FSX can't recognize the monitors (as outputs from different gpus) just the gpus themselves.

Thanks,

Do you mean in the fsx.cfg

No I mean in the FSX in-game settings.

In the display settings there, can you set the resolution of each of the five monitors.

But this will also show in the fsx.cfg as three entries for the GTX750 and two for the IGPU.

gb.

No, I can't, I just have the gpus.  That's what I meant before, there are only two graphics entries in the cfg, one for the integrated and one for the GTX 750.

Thanks,

No, I can't, I just have the gpus.  That's what I meant before, there are only two graphics entries in the cfg, one for the integrated and one for the GTX 750.

Thanks,

Could you post the contents of your fsx.cfg here?

gb.

Unfortuantely I am away from my fsx pc for a while now.  If diagnosis could be made without it, or if you could monitor this thread for a while, I can get the cfg here about Friday.

Thanks very much,