Sign in to follow this  
noels7

Runtime error 481 -invalid picture

Hi

I am running Win7 64bit OS and have been using RC for years.

Have just replaced HD and reinstalled RC, registered and run RC as Administrator.

RC opens when selected but when I select General and.flt/wx tabs to set paths and select

eg-plane data,pilot responses etc when I click OK button the following fault dialog box appears:

Runtime error "481" invalid picture

and RC immediately closes.

All MS updates have been installed  including MS visual ++ 2010,2012 Redistributable(x64).

File MSCOMCTL.OCX in SYSWOW64 folder is registered.

Latest versions of Makerwys.exe and FSUIPC are installed.

I have searched Google and RC forum but have not found a solution to the problem.

Any advice/assistance would be appreciated

noels7

Noel Southam

I cannot get any links to copy here but there a quite a few, don't know why you couldn't find them.

Go to Microsoft site for one or the VM site. It is a Visual Basic runtime error, which probably means your

installation is damaged.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Thanks for your response Ian.

I had done all of that including MS sites before I posted.

MS Visual 2010,2012(x64) installs supersedes much referring to error 481 I believe.

Problem is now solved. It took 3 attempts to completely remove RC install from my computer including all references in the Registry.

Reinstall and reboot has somehow fixed the problem.

noels7

Noel Southam

After your reinstall of RC be sure your latest versions of makerwys.exe and fsuipc?.dll have not been overwritten with older versions.