Sign in to follow this  
mcd211255

Microphones...Analogue or digital for MCE

Hi,

I am reasonably new to MCE and using it with X-plane 10. I have a problem when the copilot thinks I have said something like ...shutdown engine 1...when it is some background noise that has triggered the action. Not good at FL380. I have fans running on my PC so I think the mic is too sensitive.

There seems to be some interesting arguments whether to use a digital mic via USB or an anologue mic via 3.5mm plugs for speech recognition other than Windows Speech recognition ie voice operated simulation be it ATC or MCE. The argumentors favour anologue over digital. Any comments...

Another item is failure checklists. Is there a chance of MCE having failure checklists for some of the more common failures. It would be interesting to follow an engine shutdown procedure on takeoff.

Really enjoy using MCE with the payware I have with X-Plane 10 and hope that the SSG B748 will be available soon.

Thank you

Mike

EGGP 

Hi Mike,

I use a headset microphone via 3.5 mm jack. I don't think there is any difference, v digital via usb. As long as the microphone is good quality.

In my experience its vital to run the speech training a few times. This is usually the cause of misunderstood comms. My voice varies occasionally and retrain runs are needed.

If you are interested in emergency procedures, take a peek at my Aerosoft Twin Otter videos (last few up on my You Tube channel). I have uploaded the Vox Script and checklists to Avsim Library for the emergency fire flows and deice flows, seen in the videos. These may be downloaded and installed into your MCE. I also "linked" the videos to crew training videos for cross reference.

There are similar flows for the 727. (Avsim libs just search for David herky)

Emergency flows are straightforward to do and place them into your flows for any aircraft you are flying. Its helps if you have an FCOM or access to accurate procedures/checklists, but you can compile any flow sequences you like using MCE Vox script. Then test the flows to ensure everything works as intended. Most fire flows follow similar shutdown sequences.

cheers,

David.

Really enjoy using MCE with the payware I have with X-Plane 10 and hope that the SSG B748 will be available soon.

Always nice to hear such feedback.

We have been working on interfacing that particular aircraft for a while. Should be ready by the end of this month.

If you can't wait, contact support ad we;ll send you a link to the Beta that supports the SSG 747

Thank you both for your valuable input. Ordinarily I would be contacting support for a copy of the beta flows for the SSGG 748 but we are having some good sunny weather here is the UK at the moment and spending more time in the sun. Plus David has given me some ideas for creating some emergency flows using vox script and I can do that in the sun.

Thanks again for a fantastic program, Multi Crew Experience.

Mike

EGGP