Sign in to follow this  
Daveebee

Reverse thrust/pitch for Jets and Turboprops

Hi ,I am wanting to Map my throttle quadrant (Saitek) for use with jets and turboprops .There does not seem to be an equivalent control to the control that is in FSX (F2 press and hold ) in P3D V2.5. Surely this control has not been deleted in P3D . Is there a control in P3D for this purpose?

Hi ,I am wanting to Map my throttle quadrant (Saitek) for use with jets and turboprops .There does not seem to be an equivalent control to the control that is in FSX (F2 press and hold ) in P3D V2.5. Surely this control has not been deleted in P3D . Is there a control in P3D for this purpose?

I use FSUIPC (paid version) for this on my Saitek quad. Rather than using an axis, I use the buttons that are at the very bottom of the throttle axes. Using FSUIPC, you can assign it to (and I'm going from memory here) "Throttle x cut" and have it repeat while held. Then assign "Throttle x idle" when released.

Jon Skiffington

This is is how I do it in Fuipc

In the control sent when button pressed drop down  Throttle x dec

(tick control to repeat while held box)

in the control sent when button released drop down Throttle x cut

The FSX command assigned to F2, was, I believe, "Throttle(decrease quickly)".  That command is in P3D as well.  You can add or change the assignment to F2 and then you should be able to map it as you had before.

Thanks for that info, I still don't understand why the REVERSE PITCH/THRUST command appears to be missing from P3D when its available on FSX  as command F2 .In P3D that command corresponds a 'decrease throttle quickly' which doesn't mean the same thing (perhaps it does in Lockheed Martin language) 

F2 works just fine for me in P3D  not at my system right now but it maps to decrement throttle or something similar  not reverse  just hold it and the engine will reverse. Just the same as FSX

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for that info, I still don't understand why the REVERSE PITCH/THRUST command appears to be missing from P3D when its available on FSX  as command F2 .In P3D that command corresponds a 'decrease throttle quickly' which doesn't mean the same thing (perhaps it does in Lockheed Martin language) 

In FS9, FSX and P3Dv1, v.2 the "decrease throttle quickly" command is used for reverse thrust. The range for throttle/power control is -16383 to +16383.

Negative throttle/power is "reverse pitch" for props, and "reverse thrust" for jet engines. Normally a developer will limit reverse prop/thrust to a maximum of around -20%, or -4096 axial units.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Negative throttle/power is "reverse pitch" for props, and "reverse thrust" for jet engines. Normally a developer will limit reverse prop/thrust to a maximum of around -20%, or -4096 axial units.

Bill could you clarify that.

FSUICP usually shows a range of -16383 to +16383 for the full travel of the axis of any throttle/power lever. Back in the plane that full travel equates to 0% to 100% power.

I'm not seeing any reverse in the -16383 to 0 range. What am I missing?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

gb - I use the CQ Throttle quadrant which has a slight detent at the lower end if travel. In setting up FSUIPC I just map reverse just below the detent.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

depending on your throttle setup, the FSUIPC user manual has a section devoted specifically to setting up reverse thrust on the throttle axis. it looks much more complicated that it really is. just read along and follow the steps while in the sim.

for simulation aircraft that have reverse thrust on the throttle levers (like the king air), this works perfectly.

What I like about the majestic Q400 is that this is all programmed into the throttle behavior in the aircraft, so no special calibration is required. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

gb - I use the CQ Throttle quadrant which has a slight detent at the lower end if travel. In setting up FSUIPC I just map reverse just below the detent.

Vic

Thanks Vic I have it setup on my rig the same.

I was really after more info on Bill's negative thrust = reverse.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.