Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Carenado Navajo....bought it.

Bought the Carenado PA-31 Navajo and I like it.  Easy on the frames....excellent sound....really nice air file.  I am enjoying it, and I hope some of you are also experiencing this excellent GA aircraft.

Stan

Stan,

I had my first flight in it this morning. The 200 nm journey from Bella Coola to Stewart. I had a ball flying this aircraft. As you said, beautifully presented, great frames and the FDE is more than convincing. The 750 integration is brilliant and it also links nicely to all of my saitek panels.

Hirdy

Do people never learn? They still haven't fixed every one of their past releases. Stop rewarding them. They are Captain Sim of GA

NOTE:  Member restricted from posting topics for 120 hours for trolling - first offense.  I have no problems with individuals providing a detailed review of a product with known or definite problems with a commercial aircraft but one liners will not cut it here.

Edited by Jim Young

Apparently some people like their aircraft even if they don't cater to your specifications. Why stress about other people's purchases? I have their Cessna 337 and enjoy it. It's not A2A level but not bad.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Don't you people get that your anti-Carenado comments are not only offensive to Carenado, they're also offensive to someone that's purchased the product and would just like to enjoy it and discuss it among others that also have purchased?

Do people never learn? They still haven't fixed every one of their past releases. Stop rewarding them. They are Captain Sim of GA

And....................that means excellent graphics. I'd buy them just for the looks..

Don't you people get that your anti-Carenado comments are not only offensive to Carenado, they're also offensive to someone that's purchased the product and would just like to enjoy it and discuss it among others that also have purchased?

It's offensive to all of us who spent money in the past and received an incomplete product and bad support from the company. As long as people keep rewarding them, they will never learn. At least Captain Sim started getting better after public pressure.

Apparently some people like their aircraft even if they don't cater to your specifications. Why stress about other people's purchases? I have their Cessna 337 and enjoy it. It's not A2A level but not bad.

Why is fixing bugs "catering to my specifics"?

I'm flying this Navajo now and really enjoying it.  

It's a beautiful aircraft with outstanding sound and really nice flight dynamics. 

True, I can't check the oil or take a compression test, like I can in my A2A Piper Comanche, but it is a very high quality simulation none the less.

I'll gladly reward Carenado for releasing products as good as this Navajo.

I definitely agree Jim. I do take offense too. These Carenado critics seem to feel like they are at some metaphysical higher level of aeronautical simulation knowledge than everyone else here,  yet they never give any specific reason for bashing Carenado, other than they didn't get the support answers that they felt they so rightly deserved.

They say that anyone who buys from Carenado are just "Ctrl+E" pilots and they consider themselves to be high level doctors of deep simulation complexity and the rest of us are satisfied with freeware level or default aircraft.

I have purchased and fly aircraft from PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic, Eaglesoft, Flysimware and other high quality developers, and I also consider this Carenado Navajo and many of Carenado's products to be very well made. 

I have no freeware aircraft on my computer and never fly default FSX aircraft, so the group they are trying to place me in is completely bogus.

Absolutely agree. The Navajo is a beautifully presented plane, and I immediately experienced fantastic flight dynamics, for which their Cessna 337 was so highly praised. This is exactly what I hoped the plane would be. Well done Carenado.

Tell your story walking pal. We're enjoying it.

I definitely agree Jim. I do take offense too. These Carenado critics seem to feel like they are at some metaphysical higher level of aeronautical simulation knowledge than everyone else here,  yet they never give any specific reason for bashing Carenado, other than they didn't get the support answers that they felt they so rightly deserved.

They say that anyone who buys from Carenado are just "Ctrl+E" pilots and they consider themselves to be high level doctors of deep simulation complexity and the rest of us are satisfied with freeware level or default aircraft.

I have purchased and fly aircraft from PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic, Eaglesoft, Flysimware and other high quality developers, and I also consider this Carenado Navajo and many of Carenado's products to be very well made. 

I have no freeware aircraft on my computer and never fly default FSX aircraft, so the group they are trying to place me in is completely bogus.

Well said Robert. I'm exactly the same as you. I've got all the study sims and my Carenado range is expansive and enjoyable. They have done a great job with the Navajo. Sheez a Navajo pilot even rates it.

Good morning everyone   :rolleyes: 

Following 

I never once said anything about who Carenado pilots are. I only said you are rewarding a company that treats their customers badly and refuses to fix bugs by constantly buying every single new airplane they release without fixing the bugs in their previous releases. This is not difficult to understand.

*Edit*

Just wondering about the Sound, more specifically the sound of outside when the windows are open and engines are on, then you close the windows,  Does the sound change?  

Fantastic looking plane 

Thats Bizarre. Initially I thought you were against "high level doctors of deep simulation"  but then appear to be a high level doctor yourself lol

ZORAN