Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Solar Impulse II update

This first flight solo over the Pacific has written a new page in the history of aviation... The Solar Impulse II team led by Bertrand Piccard  is incredible and recreated the spirit prevailing at the time of the first pionniers of aviation! For those interested to follow the forthcoming flights and events in the US go to this site:

http://www.solarimpulse.com and dont forget to sign up for a clean world!!!

I considered going over yesterday morning to watch her come in, but the way PHJR is laid out there isn't really a good place to view arrival, at least on the "4s" (which I assumed would be in use, even though the winds have been "Kona" lately and during the day the traffic patterns have been to the 22s/26s).  The best spotting probably would have been from the US Coast Guard ramp on the south side.

I was wondering how ATC handles this sort of thing as SI2 spent a bit of time in the flight levels within Honolulu (ZHN) Center airspace.

scott s.