Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

Pro atcx

hello guys,

i have PROATCX and pfpx, i wanted to do a flight from egcc to egkk. i got a route from pfpx and deleted the star and sid from it as i wanted the atc from pro atc to give mr one automatically. however, i have to even put a sid and s atr into a flightplan in pro atc , i want them to assign me one automatically. dosent that defeat the objective of atc as im doing it myself. i keep getting error sid transition failure aborting.

is ther a way to fix this?

many thanks.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

In the real world you'd be assigned a SID and STAR by ATC. It's been a while since I tried Pro ATC X but my suspicion is that your route from PFPX does not match up with any of the arrivals from PATCX. To be honest, none of the add on ATC programs are flawless in this respect.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Correct, double check to make sure your flightplan has a waypoint at exit of a valid SID and entry of a valid STAR.  Also, go ahead and put a SID in.  ProATC X will assign you a STAR, however, it can be hit and miss as to if you will get a realistic STAR or not.

Bilal,

For reference, 23R/L departures from EGCC should be assigned a SANBA 1R/1Y SID and either an ASTRA 2B or WILLO 3B STAR using KIDLI for 26L arrival.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

must add, that proatc is perhaps the best add on atc out there at the moment, I enjoy the voices and the ability to request alternate, higher altitude, direct to waypoint, metar at destination and the co-pilot checklists etc.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

i agree with everyone however, pfpx will assign me a runway and sid and i fly my departure based on that. my question is if the wind changes or the other ai aircrafts takeoff from a different runway and im the odd one out i find that a bit crazy. i have opus weather if i update that is there a way i can follow the airport takeoff runway along with everyone else?.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

These issues were what drove me away from using computerised ATC solutions. I dropped them and started flying online instead, with real humans doing the ATC. They can react in a dynamic fashion, they understand the rules and regulation and will in general provide a far better service than any of the ATC programs can. Of course, online ATC has its own set of problems, mainly the very steep learning curve and the lack of online coverage. I don't mind the learning curve, I love learning new stuff, thats what got me into simulators in the first place. The coverage can be a bit of a problem, it's fairly rare to get continous ATC coverage when you're flying a random route online, but I much prefer that to using the flawed ATC programs that basically only parrots ATC rather than providing a dynamic and realistic ATC experience

vatsim s3

1133704.png