Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG 777 - 200 loaded Cold and dark.... How to reset it to start with with all on?

I don';t know what I pressed on the FMC... now when I load the 777 200..its cold and dark. I don't want this status.. I want it like when I initially installed.. Ready to go.

What do I do to get that status? In cold and dark... I can't turn on the FMC/CDU to load an aircraft status.

My 777-300 is ok.

Short of reinstalling the PMDG 777.. what do can I do?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Turn the battery ON then you will have power then reset the panel state in the FMC

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Turn the battery ON

Thanks David.. I shall try that out.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

also in cold and dark just hold down the menu button on the fmc for a few sec and the fmc works with no power on

err   isn't  this mentioned  in the introduction  manual on how  to set up your panel states?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

PMDG have a panel state in the FMC. In fact there are two - 'long' which is a state with ground power connected and 'short' which is running off the APU. Cold and dark is almost unknown for a 777 pilot to experience. Our 777 guy has only ever started one from cold and dark once and that was when the Captain hit the ground power switches to off before the APU was running! Apparently in the real one that causes a lot of the systems on board to crash and is a real headache to resolve.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

The only time to use C&D is if your using the 777F

Long imo is the right one for the 777 pax

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

cold and dark is required for my VA, i guess i could use long or short startup,i feel as if its more fun to complete the plane from cold and dark anyway,the 777 is one of the easiest to start cold and dark