Sign in to follow this  
geckuz

Computer freeze and sound looping

Hi all,

every single time I fly the 777, at a certain point of the flight (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours), the computer freezes and sound in the background loops. Only way to recover is resetting the computer via reset button. This problem happens only when flying the PMDG 777, and got worse after the last update. Previosly it was happening less frequently. As of now, I cannot complete a flight. Video and audio driver are updated, and I already tried using the 22k soundset.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Stefano Rossi

First, remove all add-ons other then the 777 and see if still happens

Also, check your temperatures. Make sure you're not overheating (PC that is)

PC isn't overheating, already checked. I am not willing to remove all addons at the moment. Fsx is freshly reinstalled after a reformat. BTW they are mainly airports, and active sky next. Nothing more than that.

the computer freezes and sound in the background loops.

Full names on all posts please, it's easy to set up a signature to do it automatically for you. Just go to My Settings in the upper right.

Let one of these events just hang there for a few minutes. If it starts back up again after 5 - 8 min then you are experiencing a FSX Freeze, which is discussed in the Introduction document.  I assume you are using FSX and not P3D.  One of the recommendations in the Introduction is to use an affinity mask setting appropriate for your CPU.

Dan Downs KCRP

Full names on all posts please, it's easy to set up a signature to do it automatically for you. Just go to My Settings in the upper right.

Let one of these events just hang there for a few minutes. If it starts back up again after 5 - 8 min then you are experiencing a FSX Freeze, which is discussed in the Introduction document.  I assume you are using FSX and not P3D.  One of the recommendations in the Introduction is to use an affinity mask setting appropriate for your CPU.

Unfortunately it isn't the 8 10 minutes freeze. The entire PC gets stuck.

Could be driver. If you're 100% positive it's not temperatures. I've had windows freeze because of driver issues but generally comes back. This has been noticible with the latest nVidia driver...actually it#s only started since then. But, never had it in any game, just on the desktop weirdly

Only way to recover is resetting the computer via reset button.

Are you sure?  If the sound is "looping" then the "entire PC" is not "stuck."  Can you do the Microsoft three-finger salute (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete at the same time) and select the Task Manager?  From the Task Manager, you should be able to kill the running process FSX.

However, if you do have an appHang that you cannot terminate then you have much more serious issues than a flight simulator not working. Like Chris mentioned, a driver issue is possible but more likely is an internal component failure when it gets warm. Time to dust the insides?  Describe your computer and which OS do you have?

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you sure?  If the sound is "looping" then the "entire PC" is not "stuck."  Can you do the Microsoft three-finger salute (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete at the same time) and select the Task Manager?  From the Task Manager, you should be able to kill the running process FSX.

However, if you do have an appHang that you cannot terminate then you have much more serious issues than a flight simulator not working. Like Chris mentioned, a driver issue is possible but more likely is an internal component failure when it gets warm. Time to dust the insides?  Describe your computer and which OS do you have?

I am absolutely sure, I have a good computer knowledge. Computer is entirely stuck, hard reset in necessary. After a complete fsx reinstallation, dust removal, and video card change the problem still persists, only with the T7, I think I will park it in the hangar waitingo to buy a better pc.