Sign in to follow this  
hohenaus000

PMDG 737NGX Missing Nav Data

I purchased the 737NGX a while ago, and everything worked great. Just recently, I bought Flightbeam's KDEN hd, and when I went to go make my route, all of the sudden all of my nav data is gone. When I click on DEP/ARR, nothing shows up. Somehow, my database got erased completely! How do I get the Database back in the NGX? Any free options?

-Austin Hohenshelt

I purchased the 737NGX a while ago, and everything worked great. Just recently, I bought Flightbeam's KDEN hd, and when I went to go make my route, all of the sudden all of my nav data is gone. When I click on DEP/ARR, nothing shows up. Somehow, my database got erased completely! How do I get the Database back in the NGX? Any free options?

Hi, Austin,

This is rather odd -- that scenery installation would erase your navigation data base. 

I suggest that first you check you FSX/PMDG/Navdata folder to see if the data is really gone.  It consists of several files: cycle_info.txt, fmc_ident.txt, airports.dat, wpnavaid.txt, wpnavapt.txt, wpnavfix.txt, and wpnavrte.txt.  Also take a look in FSX/PMDG/SIDSTARS to see if there are files for each and every airport.  In particular, make sure there is a file for any airport that is not showing up when you try to select it for a route.

If the data is missing, you can restore the navdata from the navdata-backup folder inside the navdata folder.  For the sidstars you will probably have to either run the NGX installation file -- see if it gives you a "repair" option -- or download current data from Navigraph or Aerosoft (costs some money).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The only thing that I see in my FSX/PMDG/Navdata folder is the airports.dat file. So I guess that really did delete all other files. The SIDS/STARS folder is completely empty. Since my Navdata folder only has that one file in it, I guess I can't just restore the navdata from the navdata-backup folder. 

Austin Hohenshelt

The repair option in the NGX installation did not work.

I have FlightBeam's KDEN and no problems with installation.

If repair did not work you have two options:  Recommended option is to subscribe to navdata from Navigraph or others and keep the data updated every 28 days. It's not much. Also, you can uninstall the NGX using the Windows control panel then using the NGX do a new install.  You will not loose any liveries or settings.  Be sure to run the OC before the removal and then again after the reinstall to repair the liveries.

Really odd that the scenery had anything to do with anything PMDG related.  I have never recommended a reinstallation before but nothing about  your problems, as described, makes any sense.  We're missing part of the story.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well, when I installed FlightBeam's KDEN, GSX didn't work. I then completely uninstalled GSX and reinstalled it, and both KDEN and GSX work now... it's just that somehow the nav data files got erased. I will try to uninstall and reinstall the NGX -- probably with the new service pack --  or maybe buy Aerosoft's NavDataPro. 

To reinstall the NGX, I know I need to go to PMDG's website, and view previous orders, but it shows that I have none. I have a disk copy, so does that mean that I perhaps bought it from somewhere else? How do I reinstall the NGX? I bought the CD version from Amazon, and I have my order number. 

Austin Hohenshelt

I have a disk copy, so does that mean that I perhaps bought it from somewhere else? How do I reinstall the NGX? I bought the CD version from Amazon, and I have my order number.

You can download the current installer from this Aerosoft site - http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show&dl=VWRWowAEoXyW12Hn4XuNt4TcwT1CPwKBld5Z5Wa5ek5Tf5zUUjSjfuOKS2G7RJOxXlhV1sI1MNnNIPTDBnleXQ%3D%3D. You will need your key number from inside the DVD box. Uninstall and reinstall per post #1 in this thread -  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463861-installing-fsx-and-fsxse-updates/,

The reinstall worked for the NGX! But now... for some reason... after a little while in the sim, a pop-up says, "Thank you for trying Microsoft® Flight Simulator X. The demo time limit has expired and Flight Simulator will now shut down." How did that come up? I have owned FSX for about 7 years now!

Austin Hohenshelt