Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

Gear Failure

I am playing around with failures for a bit of fun. I was wondering if it is possible to set a landing gear failure, such that they don't come down when lowered. I can't find the setting under the failure options. Only tyre and brake failures.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

You'd have to look at how the landing gear extension system operates and fail an appropriate component. I don't know the 777 systems very well, but to give you an example the landing gear extension on the 747-400 is powered by the #4 hydraulic system. No #4 hydraulics, no (normal) landing gear extension, though you will also have other items to deal with.

I couldn't tell you which hydraulic system powers the normal gear extension on the 777, but I'm sure somebody else can!

Small correction, the 744 (and 748) system 1 controls nose and body gear, while number 4 system supports the wing gear.

On the 777 the gear uses the center system.

Brian W

KPAE

Small correction, the 744 (and 748) system 1 controls nose and body gear, while number 4 system supports the wing gear.

Good point, and thank you for the reminder!

Thanks all. I'll have a play around with the hydraulics. I'm pretty sure I failed all of the hydraulics systems to ensure I covered all bases but that didn't work.

I'll take another look.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Tom, full names in the PMDG forums please.

I assume you are aware that the gear is extended using just plain ol' gravity?  See FCOM 14.20.2

Dan Downs KCRP