Sign in to follow this  
Moe

cannot uninstall / reinstall FSX SE

What I pickle I have created. I was having a hard time deciding what scenery to go with for my FSX SE. ORBX Global/Vector or UTX Canada. So I went with UTX. After buying, downloading, and installing I discovered that it is not FSX SE compatible. So upon attempting to uninstall an error message comes up stating it cannot run because it cannot write FSX.GFG  . This same message comes up when trying to uninstall UTX, installing FSX SE, or running FSX SE. I am now facing a restore, format, or a new computer.

Help! please

Moe 

You could try creating a fake fsx.cfg (it just has to be a text file with the extension .cfg - NB: rename as .cfg

Make sure in the properties it does not read as txt but a cfg file. 

Save in the expected location and it should write an entry - you might have to create a fake fsx folder too. 

Not sure as I am not in front of the PC right now. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The folks over on the Steam forum helped me out. The reason was some folders are not removed when uninstalling FSX SE. One needs to manually remove the buggers to clean it up enough before the reinstall, All is well now.

Just got to re set up everything and try to get my money back from Flight1.

thanks for the input

Moe

UTX Canada is only fsx and not Steam compatible. That is what I bought. The new version 2.x will be out soon and will be fsx se compatible. I just had to learn the hard way.

Moe