Untitled-11_6.jpg

Untitled-12_2.jpg

Untitled-13_2.jpg

Untitled-14_5.jpg

Untitled-18_2.jpg

Untitled-20_2.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice shots I see you finally got it  :Big Grin: what do you think of it? I never did pull the trigger.

I pulled it because it was like 15 bucks at pc aviator...http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=555378&cat=0&page=1

I got my money's worth.  The modelling is decent, texturing is pretty good, interior is a little cheesy but fine.  Flight model....  not sure if I like it yet.  I have to derate takeoff like crazy because it's so powerful.  People say this, the rw docs say this, and so I guess the plane takes off like an F16 (almost).  Systems are default-ish.  I can't seem to figure out the fuel system.  Says it drains from the wing tanks in.  Says to not land with fuel in the tip tanks, but when I empty them my engines quit hehe...  still trying to learn the fuel system.  Also can't get it to start from C+D.  Manual mentions something about saving a LJ cold and dark then loading that one...  I don't want the LJ as my default, I want the cessna...  anyway, so can see the modded GTN 750 in there - pretty tiny screen but works.  Goes about Mach 86 at FL410 for max forward...  decent.

Random off topic story... speaking of F16's...  last week my wonderful trainee told an F16 to "go straight up."  She meant to say go straight out (Fly straight out would have been better lol).  And the F16 did literally go straight up.  It was his last retirement flight and he wanted 18-22 for a climb.... and we were so busy I said are you able VFR below 175?  He said sure...  He went straight up and down back to initial in like 20 seconds... it was nuts.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Random off topic story... speaking of F16's...  last week my wonderful trainee told an F16 to "go straight up."  She meant to say go straight out (Fly straight out would have been better lol).  And the F16 did literally go straight up.  It was his last retirement flight and he wanted 18-22 for a climb.... and we were so busy I said are you able VFR below 175?  He said sure...  He went straight up and down back to initial in like 20 seconds... it was nuts.

Gotta love the military "quantification". Would have been a fun final...

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Guest Mik75

Beautiful pics! And this jet looks quite appealing, especially for the reduced price!

Old School,Love it

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice.

nebojsa

Haha good story, looks like I may have to buy this aircraft finally. Is it any fun to hand fly?

Haha good story, looks like I may have to buy this aircraft finally. Is it any fun to hand fly?

It's best described as "fruity", but in a good way....  Precision flying it by hand is like trying to do origami whilst riding a horse.  It's not unmanageable, but it's certainly more lively than your average 737  B)

Hot screens Ryan with interesting angles and one great looking plane!

Darryl

It's best described as "fruity", but in a good way....  Precision flying it by hand is like trying to do origami whilst riding a horse.  It's not unmanageable, but it's certainly more lively than your average 737  B)

Yeah, the more I fly the more I like.  I have found it sometimes doesn't behave properly per the tutorial videos unless I load from the download cold and dark states.  So I've been using those and now the fuel management is acting properly. It's got an RMI for NAV2 and ADF.  The HSI works pretty well and works great with the GTN.  It's not GTN integrated but I did add a flat-ish version thanks to Bert Pieke!  I can toggle between nothing, the GTN and the default GPS500 - handy.

Hand flying... mainly staying on the power levers... cause holy cow - the thing is like a rocket.  Under 10k I'm pulling power waaaay back to stay at 250 kias.  With light load I'm easily climbing to FL410 at 250 kias at about 4000-5000 fpm.... and that's with a reduced climb setting.  Makes me fear for my life when I find some time to go on Pilot Edge.  That LOOP7/LAXX7 out of LAX will be fun to stay below 3000 before the SMO160R!  Ugh.  But aside from power settings I actually like the climb and enroute handling by hand.  The crosswind and surface modelling is interesting.  Could be on my end but it's difficult to get a firm plant on crosswind landings.

This thing is real quick.  Here I am just under MMO Mach 86 at only FL280...  hard to read the GTN but it says GS of 489KTS.  That's WITH a quartering 60 kt headwind.  It's a better plane after flying it some more.  I'd recommend it.

MMO.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Each engine 3000lb thrust and empty weight 7000lbs....thats as close to a rocket as you can get!

HLJAMES

Ryan thanks a lot for the write up. Since I do not own a single business jet and have been in the market I am going to buy this. I actually do shorter hops than normal in the NGX because I don't like sitting for hours on end so the LJ speed is a plus for me. I see you flying just about every aircraft you have a large hangar lol

Yeah there's a ton of payware I don't have (just goes to show how much stuff is out there!)  I bought a lot of it before I had kids... or I bought some when I only had 1 LOL!  I've got a strict budget now each month and am doing a good job of not overspending.

I fly mostly GA so I don't have many big tubes.  I have the older LevelD B763 and the PMDG B738 - that's about it.  No captainsim, no QW, no PMDG B772 etc.  I also fly short hops.  I get annoyed by the length of flying from LAX to LAS hehe...  the LJ is pretty quick - the PMDG can't get to Mach 86...  I think their B77F/2 can though.  Anyway yeah it's growing on me.

Last night I had a random engine failure on Pilot Edge... I have no clue why it happened and was able to air start it again.  Went on my merry way.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |