Sign in to follow this  
HighTech

MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 - Lines separating states - Different Colors

Look at the picture attached, there is a serious failure of transition from one state to another, between New Mexico and Colorado. There can be no lines separating one state from another. The color is also very different, had to be like that, like the images of GoogleEarth. So it is strange flying the US. I am still awaiting the PCaviator for this correction, since bought many states and all are different colors and lines separating from one another. The states with ultra-resolution are also not well, see the color difference in the attached pictures. I keep buying, but need to solve this and leave a color pattern and no lines.

vzttgj.jpg

33nf9l0.jpg

I stopped buying their stuff, even at 50% off its not worth it when transitioning from green to blue it kills the immersion and they don't appear to do much about it.

ZORAN

Yes, sure, it has its faults and many of them.

But at 50% off plus a further 10% off for Tuesday purchases the Lower 48 are worth having.

The European photo scenery, well, there is much better available. The price structure of that however, is huge in comparison. As anyone who has purchased from Horizon, Flylogic, Aerosoft or VFR France will attest.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Beerwolfe, You're right, until we resolve this, do not buy any more state. The only worthwhile at the moment and bought and look great is the "Ultra-Res National Parks - Olympic Mountains." Because it is a mountainous area, the lack of night texture does so much.Already I asked them to do only some mountainous regions, Cordillera of the Andes and Himalayas kind and leave the smoother Photoreal the outline of the scene and not one bunch of squares in different colors.

Dogtrack, accurate, the price is cheap, but even in Europe have differences of colors and will be difficult to compete also with Orbx EUROPE. So I say, what they save and fazeram the Photoreal only the most mountainous regions of Europe.

Re the MSE2 European sceneries, I have their Switzerland and Germany scenery. There are so many nasty color variations in both of them that I decided to stop buying from them anything that covers Europe, disregarding at what price it is being offered. And when you send them an email, attaching even photos that show the huge discrepancies and ask them , whether this can be fixed, you are guaranteed never to hear from them. 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Agreed.

About the only thing good about the Netherlands and Belgium colours is that I know when I'm crossing the border.

Actually, on second thoughts, that's not so good... :(

This is a niche product in a niche market there will always be some give and take. 

Even with the expensive stuff such as FranceVFR, there is still some slight colour discolouration. It's virtually impossible to get consistent colour right across a country the size of the US. In fact, even a small area such as Belgium suffers the same problem.

I've never see any photoscenery (commercial or free) that doesn't from suffer this problem unfortunately.

Unfortunately the photoscenery is only as good as the source material they purchase and due to the amount of land that is included on a state by state basis it would take them a long time to go through it and color correct it. Doing so would add time and probably add to cost and I don't the they are going for that much of a specialized market.

I wish they still did the older titles that were sourced from actual arial photography rather than satellite, included night textures, and also added AFCADS to align the airports with the photoscenery, and had some autogen. I still use the older packages of SoCal, Phoenix, and Las Vegas today.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Me too still use the older packages of SoCal, Phoenix, Florida,  and Las Vegas today. and I did not have this color difference so big. Take a look at Google earth, there is this huge difference in colors, so believe it way rather than better. At least they could take the lines of boundaries that are so visible.

My understanding from support posts is that the differences are due to variations in color and light (angle of the sun, etc) on the specific dates the images they worked from were captured. I live with it. I like the dose of realism it provides, however my focus is more on the flying than the scenery. And the scenery provides countless visual cues around airports that are just not there in default scenery. Cues that are great for instance for flying into my home airport in Easton, Maryland. It's a great manned-tower airport that nobody has addressed for FSX, and well out of the scope of any Washington, DC, city scenery (other than MegaScenery). 

I am not aware of anyone else who has provided good scenery for cities like Baltimore, or Kansas City, or the city of Denver as other examples.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hello Fppilot, I understand your question, but I'm not saying that the product is bad, but that need corrections because look beautiful landscapes and more real, like other reviewers here too seek. There is much difference in color and many lines separating the states. I do not remember flying see the top lines separating states. If MegaSceneryEarth give more value to mountainous regions, you can be sure that I will be a customer of them. As already said, "Ultra-Res National Parks - Olympic Mountains" was great, because it is not so close to the mainland, there is a good portion of the ocean between the mountains not giving the color difference printing, resulting in a more realistic appearance. Of course, every suggestion and criticism and welcome and appreciate your opinion.

Hello Fppilot, I understand your question, but I'm not saying that the product is bad, but that need corrections because look beautiful landscapes and more real, like other reviewers here too seek. There is much difference in color and many lines separating the states. I do not remember flying see the top lines separating states. If MegaSceneryEarth give more value to mountainous regions, you can be sure that I will be a customer of them. As already said, "Ultra-Res National Parks - Olympic Mountains" was great, because it is not so close to the mainland, there is a good portion of the ocean between the mountains not giving the color difference printing, resulting in a more realistic appearance. Of course, every suggestion and criticism and welcome and appreciate your opinion.

Understand completely! As stated in an earlier post, my emphasis is on flying and the fact that visual cues are available in photo-scenery that are not provided on a comprehensive basis elsewhere. That for this user overcomes the anomaly of color differential due to the time of image capture. I do not carry paid sightseeing passengers other than family members who understand what they are looking at, and what they are not. LOL!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Spain and Italy are the best European MSE releases so far, just a few minor discrepencies.  All photoscenery will have colour discrepencies because of time the image was taken.  Even to overfly just 1 State takes time and the sun is always moving, so colour changes will occur even in 1 State.  You have to learn to live with the colour changes and I have all of MSE offerings plus other vendors scenery and they all suffer somewhere.  My rule is if I fly high = photo, fly low = FTX Global.  Simple as that..

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

I decided to purchase the MSE2 Ireland scenery (because Northern Ireland is the only piece missing from my UK+Ireland photoscenery jigsaw), but I was extremely disappointed. I didn't even look at the Republic of Ireland part of the package because I already have the PlayHorizon VFR Photoscenery (which is excellent). The Northern Ireland section of the MSE2 scenery has multiple faults.......

* No watermasking whatsoever

* A huge chunk of default scenery near EGAC Belfast City airport

* Numerous visible sections of default scenery along the coastline (including the bay close to EGAE Londonderry airport)

* Appallingly crude, low definition coastline around the entire circumference of Strangford Lough. I seriously could not believe how poor this was, with lots of default scenery visible, very low resolution coastline detail, and rubbish default islands (no attempt had been made to even bother rendering these in high resolution photoscenery detail).

In short, the Northern Ireland section of the MSE2 Ireland photoscenery is garbage. They really need to address stuff like this, because it is completely unacceptable. I don't care what price they are asking.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png