Sign in to follow this  
FSX1234

1/2 Vsync Drop

Hi

I use the 1/2 VSYNC setting and before i program the FMC the frame rate is between 29.9 and 30.0. However when i have programmed the FMC i notice this drops to 29.5-30.00 and this is when i notice the stuttering. I don't believe it did this before but can't seem to understand why it has started now. I do understand that when programming the FMC is is calculating all the information but was wondering if it was something i was doing. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Regards Chris 

Setting a vertical sync lock then setting the frame rate to 30 is almost a sure problem.  I prefer something like a frame rate of 32 or 33, others have their own preferences.

Dan Downs KCRP

Setting a vertical sync lock then setting the frame rate to 30 is almost a sure problem.

Doubtful.

Here 20fps locked and 1/3 refresh on a 60Hz monitor kicks 21fps butt.

vsynccompared.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a 30fps example handy right now, but it'll show the same kind of thing.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

For what it is worth, fps lock of 30 in FSX and 1/2 monitor refresh in NI is smooth as silk for me, whereas fps lock of 33 and 1/2 refresh introduces small hesitations.

Bert

For what it is worth, fps lock of 30 in FSX and 1/2 monitor refresh in NI is smooth as silk for me, whereas fps lock of 33 and 1/2 refresh introduces small hesitations.

Do you find when locked at 30 fps with 1/2 and flying the ngx it drops or does it always stay at 30 fps 

Regards Chris 

1. I do not fly the ngx.. got me there..

2. I do not watch the fps counter..

Smoothness is what counts for me.

ps.. my fps rarely drop below 29..

Bert