Sign in to follow this  
Aviationsim4862

IVAO MTL AI Repainting Help

Hi all,

Being the American Airlines/ US Airways fan that I am, I decided enough was enough. Currently I use IVAO MTL models with VPilot, and VMR Generator to create the rule sets for VPilot (This isn't very important). When in my sim, I wanted to see the new American A319, A320, and A321 liveries, so I decided to repaint them and add them to my AI fleet. The repaints were done using the correct paintkit, and the repaints are saved in the correct (correct to my knowledge) DXT1 format, as you can see in the picture:

Untitled4_zpsmpb9iuxl.jpg

and named just as all the other repaints are named.As you can see in the picture: 

Untitled3_zpsuknsnt8v.jpg

So, at this point I have created the new American Airbus repaints, named the textures correctly and converted the repaints to the correct DXT1 format that every repaint in that aircraft model uses, and put these repaints in a texture.AAL folder. I have also tested the AI Package using the VMRGenerator test tool, which came back showing the repaints had no issues. Now, when I load up flightsim and find an American A320 flying on the Vatsim network, I get the following error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[00:55:14] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft AAL285 using model "A320AAL". This usually means you have vPilot configured wrong! Specifically, it means that you have downloaded model matching rule sets without having the actual AI models installed in your flight simulator! Read the vPilot model matching documentation for details. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

[00:55:26] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft AAL285 using model "A320AWE". This usually means you have vPilot configured wrong! Specifically, it means that you have downloaded model matching rule sets without having the actual AI models installed in your flight simulator! Read the vPilot model matching documentation for details. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

[00:55:38] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft AAL285 using model "A320AWE2". This usually means you have vPilot configured wrong! Specifically, it means that you have downloaded model matching rule sets without having the actual AI models installed in your flight simulator! Read the vPilot model matching documentation for details. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

[00:55:51] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft AAL285 using model "A320AAL2". This usually means you have vPilot configured wrong! Specifically, it means that you have downloaded model matching rule sets without having the actual AI models installed in your flight simulator! Read the vPilot model matching documentation for details. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

[00:56:02] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft AAL285 using model "A319AAL". This usually means you have vPilot configured wrong! Specifically, it means that you have downloaded model matching rule sets without having the actual AI models installed in your flight simulator! Read the vPilot model matching documentation for details. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VPilot will then match the aircraft in Vatsim with a wingletted American A319, which is the complete opposite of what I want to happen. I'm totally confused on why this is happening. To my knowledge, everything is named right, the textures are in the correct flightsim format, and the new textures are correctly added to the aircraft.cfg in consequential order.

In addition, VPilot spit out the following ModelMatching.log file: 

[2015-07-06 20:50:09.870] Error creating object using model "A320AWE".

[2015-07-06 20:50:22.318] Error creating object using model "A320AAL".

[2015-07-06 20:50:34.571] Error creating object using model "A320AWE2".

[2015-07-06 20:50:46.864] Error creating object using model "A320AAL2".

[2015-07-06 20:55:14.788] Error creating object using model "A320AAL2".

[2015-07-06 20:55:26.203] Error creating object using model "A320AWE".

[2015-07-06 20:55:38.452] Error creating object using model "A320AWE2".

[2015-07-06 20:55:51.071] Error creating object using model "A320AAL".

[2015-07-06 20:56:02.950] Error creating object using model "A319AAL".

As a final note, I created new American liveries for the A319, A320, and A321, and in addition edited the existing US Airways A319, A320, and A321 liveries to make them look better. I made both CFM and IAE liveries for all models in both American, and US Airways liveries. That is why there is "A320AWE2," and "A320AA.". 

The only problem that I could see wrong is that somehow i saved the repaints in the wrong format, or did something wrong. I know these are FS2004 models, so maybe there is an issue there. I am using the DJC Airbus AI Models. Is there a certain step I missed in making these repaints work?

Any ideas to what the issue could be would be greatly appreciated!

-thank you.