Sign in to follow this  
sddjd

Alt Trim handle spiking?

I've been through many trim related discussions but have not seen a report of my current issue. Frequently the Alt Trim handle will spike to the full nose-down position. This behavior occurs either during the initial takeoff roll, or (most often) during final approach; it's frequent enough that I have one of my interior views centered on the handle so that I can anticipate and correct it before digging a hole in the runway B) 

I've updated via ops center, have no axis assigned to trim (via sim nor via FSUIPC, I use keyboard cmd), etc.  Further, I've not even found an option to shortcut an axis or command to the Alt Trim handle.

It's been relatively easy to circumvent now that I watch for it at the suspect times, just wondering if this has been seen. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I've not seen this reported before either.  Not even a keyboard command has a binding to the ALTN TRIM control, the normal Num 1/7 are by default bound to the trim via the yoke horn switches.

I am scratching my head at how you are getting uncommanded ALTN TRIM control.

Why don't you put this in a trouble ticket and give it to the problem solvers at PMDG Product Support here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com and please post the findings here. I'm interested in how this one is happening and the solution.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks guys, will try to catch a video of the behavior as the steps to reproduce seem to be setting up for normal flight.  Will post here and to a ticket once I'm able to capture it.

Now what are the odds it'll be like a noise in the car- obvious until at the service drive? 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Now what are the odds it'll be like a noise in the car- obvious until at the service drive?

I wouldn't take that bet.  Also, the video may not be required if you can simply state the events and actions leading up to the errant behavior of the ALTN TRIM handle.  Also EICAS messages if any.

Dan Downs KCRP